Neptune Benson is a manufacturer of high quality water filtration and disinfection products for the recreational, industrial, and municipal water markets. With more than 20,000 installations…read more
Sydney Fringe announces highlights for inaugural Global Fringe
Sydney Fringe has today announced the first international and local highlights for the inaugural Global Fringe program, streamed live this September 2020.
The inaugural program developed in collaboration with leading international Fringe Festivals from around the world includes award-winning acts from USA, UK, New Zealand and Australia.
The digital platform will premiere five Sydney produced and eight international events by leading Fringe Festivals from around the world, with each production to be professionally recorded and streamed to audiences globally.
Developed in partnership with Brighton Fringe, New Zealand Fringe, Stockholm Fringe, San Diego Fringe and Hollywood Fringe, Global Fringe will allow Sydney Fringe audiences to experience international work as never before, while providing local Sydney Fringe artists with the opportunity to share their work on an international stage.
Sydney Fringe Chief Executive, Kerri Glasscock notes “the performing arts sector has been hit hard over the past six months and we’ve been forced to re-examine the very foundations of live performance business models and meaningful ways to bring our artists and our audiences together digitally.
“We are excited to partner with some of the world’s most respected Fringe Festivals to present this new digital model of Fringe in the unique circumstances we find ourselves in this year. We are also delighted to be able to support five Sydney made works by leading local artists, we look forward to sharing these amazing works with Sydney audiences be they in their living room or in person if possible, either way Global Fringe is a fantastic opportunity for audiences to engage with and support artists from Sydney and across the world!.”
The first international Global Fringe highlights include:
● Twin Peaks meets Serial in Zanetti Production’s award-winning New Zealand mystery The Basement Tapes which combines physical performance with the imaginative capabilities of audio recording as a girl discovers a series of mysterious tape recordings made by her late grandmother.
● Mr Yunioshi, written and performed by US based artist J Elijah Cho, a solo comedic show that aims to explore the controversial topics of yellow-face and “colourblind” casting as it follows actor Mickey Rooney and his attempts to create his character for Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
● UK based trio TOOT’s Be Here Now combines a soundtrack of ‘90s classics, suspect dance moves and teenage nostalgia to examine how music seeps into our lives and celebrates the irresistible power of pop.
The Sydney Made program includes:
● Physical theatre company Clockfire present their new production We, the lost company, a poetic tribute to the migratory nature of the ocean and the power of recollection, inspired by Brett Whiteley’s beach paintings.
● A Murder Story Retold by Ninefold is the telling and retelling of a suburban revenge killing told three times with a narrative that warps and shifts according to music from Max Richter’s re-compositions of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.
● Part monologue, part performance art and part essay, award-winning author Oliver Mol's theatrical debut Train Lord is a true, funny and heartbreaking tale about a 10-month migraine, his recovery in Brisbane and job on the railway when he couldn't do anything else.
● In Queerstories Fringe Edition, award-winning Sydney-based artist Maeve Marsden hosts a mixed bag of local artists, writers, comedians and musicians as they offer up unexpected, playful, personal and political accounts celebrating Sydney's queer underground.
● Our visions begin with our desires - Chapter 2 by Black Birds, a Sydney based company created in response to the lack of representation & misrepresentation of Womxn of Colour in the Australian arts industry, uses the premise of the ever-popular Real Housewives series to play with the perception of the modern bla(c)k woman on reality television.
Further programming will be announced in the coming months.
Please visit https://www.sydneyfringe.com/ for further details and updates.
Image: Physical theatre company Clockfire present their new production We, the lost company: Courtesy of Sydney Fringe
26th May 2020 - Sydney Fringe plans for global digital event in 2020
23rd March 2020 - Sydney Fringe plans to go ahead with 2020 Spring Festival
2nd August 2019 - 10th anniversary program released for Sydney Fringe Festival
1st July 2020 - Adelaide Fringe Festival delivers another record-breaking year
11th March 2020 - Adelaide Fringe Events support Kangaroo Island Recovery
28th November 2019 - Adelaide Fringe 2020 program celebrates diamond anniversary
18th March 2019 - 2019 Adelaide Fringe ticket sales set new box office record
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Life Fitness Cardio Life Fitness Strength Hammer Strength Group Cycling Rowers Certified Refurbished Freeweights Benches & Racks Flooring Life Fitness is the global leader in the fitness…read more
Links Modular Solutions are a leading provider of high-quality, innovative software solutions for leisure facilities. Our software suite includes modules such as POS, Classes, Members, Facility…read more
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
Geoff Ninnes Fong & Partners (GNFP) is a structural, aquatic and civil engineering consultancy with broad experience in the design of new municipal and institutional swimming pools, hydrotherapy…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!