Sydney Aquarium to Present 200 million years of evolution
The Sydney Aquarium is set to launch the global phenomenon 'The Future is Wild', a multimedia project of immense scale from award-winning filmmakers and leading scientists.
Already a multiple award-winning TV and book series, a theme park experience in France, and approved school curriculum content in the United Kingdom; The Future is Wild and Sydney Aquarium will take visitors on a journey five million, 100 million and 200 million years into the future.
The Future is Wild exhibition will combine the stunning marine life of Sydney Aquarium with virtual animals that may one day fill the world's seas, streams, rivers, and walk on land alongside augmented reality and the latest sound and visual technology.
Set to open on 25th September, this extraordinary exhibition will showcase futuristic worlds millions of years into the future and the animals within. At Sydney Aquarium current day marine life including sharks, dugongs, sea slugs, crab larvae, cod, and molluscs will be placed beside their hypothetical evolutionary embodiment â where a sea slug will transform into a 2.2 metre long reef glider and the ocean squid as it transforms into a four metre tall mega squid that walks on land.
Sydney's foremost special effects and modelling companies including Liu Balboa Studio (Bob the Builder, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Australia) are working together with the international team from The Future is Wild to create the future at Sydney Aquarium and provide visitors with one of the most immersive and engaging exhibitions Australia has ever seen.
By looking to possible futures, The Future is Wild exhibition aims to increase awareness of our world and our place in it.
Chris Warhurst, Manager Director, Sydney Attractions Group explains "it's an honour to partner with The Future is Wild and be able to bring the future to Sydney Aquarium. This incredible exhibition takes a fun and educational examination of the animal world and encourages visitors to ponder the world around them."
John Adams, Creator of The Future is Wild adds that "the prestigious and innovative Sydney Aquarium provides the perfect venue in which to bring The Future is Wild to life. The exhibition, with its amazing life-scale models and cutting edge technology offers a unique glimpse into our planetâs possible future and will enthuse and inspire visitors of all ages. We and our team of scientific advisors are very proud to be part of this wonderful experience."
The Future is Wild background:
• John Adams and Dougal Dixon created the The Future is Wild (FIW) in 1996.
• Computer generated animation brings fascinating creatures and environments to life.
• 16 of the worldâs leading scientists including creator Dougal Dixon (Geologist and book author) bring validity and relevance to the brandâs vision of the future.
• FIW brand includes television, publishing, education, museum and science centre exhibits, theme park attractions, feature film, merchandise, interactive entertainment, online community and games.
• Current developments explore the ânear futureâ, bringing human damage to the planet and issues of climate change into sharp focus.
• By looking to possible futures, Future is Wild exhibitions will increase awareness of our world and our place in it.
FIW is now:
• Award-winning TV documentary series (2002)
• Published books for adults and children (2003)
• Worldwide DVD release (2003/4)
• Award winning Digistar film for planetariums (2005)
• Published educational resources for schools (2006)
• Award-winning worldwide Cartoon series - Discovery Kids (2008)
• Merchandise, toys, games and apparel (2008)
• Educational CD-Rom and Interactive Game (2008)
• Prize-winning augmented reality theme park ride â a world first (2008)
• Living Book, an augmented reality experience at the Frankfurt Book.
For more information go to www.sydneyaquarium.myfun.com.au
18th June 2008 - MERLIN TO OPEN LEGOLAND IN DUBAI
9th May 2008 - VILLAGE BUYS KELLY TARLTON’S
20th February 2008 - VILLAGE TO ACQUIRE SYDNEY ATTRACTIONS GROUP
12th February 2008 - DOWNHILL FOR MFS ASSETS
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
Felton Industries is Australia’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of quality outdoor furniture and has been supplying premium seating solutions for all sporting, commercial, community…read more
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!