As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
SGL Feasibility Studies and Business Plans deliver increased funding support
SGL Consulting Group Australia Pty Ltd reached a significant milestone from its feasibility and client funding support projects last year when it exceeded project funding of more than $150 million for the period 2012 to 2014.
SGL Director Michael King advised that the company had collectively achieved the massive total for SGL’s Australian project funding – and has continued this trend since October last year and into 2015 with SGL services assisting the following projects gain State and Federal Government funding.
$10 million Victorian State Funding for the National Home of Golf and Centre of Excellence
The proposed National ‘Home of Golf’ project received a $10 million funding pledge from the Victorian Government towards its development. The proposed $38 million project would assist with growing the sport and developing world standard golf educational, training, research and administration facilities as well as include a Golf Museum and Hall of Fame.
The project has been designed to be developed in partnership with all levels of Government and SGL assisted with national and international golf facility research, project component development, facility options, concept design, capital funding strategy, business/management planning, site reviews, funding submissions and government liaison.
SGL has also continued to expand its services to the sport of golf, which is experiencing significant impacts on participation, member drop off and changing golf course availability as land values increase and maintenance costs also increase.
SGL’s offices across Australia in 2014/15 have completed more than 10 golf course redevelopment master plans, business reviews and a regional golf facility strategy.
SGL Aquatic, Leisure and Sport Centre Projects Funding Success Continues
Following up on the successful Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre (funding allocation of $26.5 million to the new 8,800 metre² regional complex at Frankston, Victoria) in 2013/14, SGL project reports helped to secure government funding for major facility projects for the Nillumbik, Wyndham, Maroondah and Hume City Councils.
In all projects, SGL completed the feasibility studies and has also guided or assisted with the preparation of the successful funding applications. The project overview includes:
• The Nillumbik Shire Council received a $3 million funding commitment from the Victorian Government Community Facility Funding - Better Pools Funding Program for the redevelopment of the Aquatic Facilities at the Eltham Leisure Centre. The Council will commit $12.9 million to progress the redevelopment.
• Also in Nillumbik, St Helena Secondary College received $2.5 million in Victorian Government funding as an election promise for the implementation of the Sporting Facilities Master Plan. Eltham North Reserve received $2 million funding for the redevelopment of the clubroom facilities.
• Wyndham City Council is nearing completion of the Wyndham Leisure and Event Centre (pictured top) and Werribee Sports and Fitness Centre Redevelopment, a $100 million (approximately) project. Council received funding from the Victorian Government with $2.6 million from the Community Facility Funding - Better Pools Funding Program and $650,000 from the Community Facility Funding Program - Majors. It also received $1.48 million from the Federal Government and $9 million from the Regional Development Australia (RDA) fund for the development of the Werribee Sports and Fitness Centre.
• Maroondah City Council is nearing completion of Aquanation, a major regional aquatic and recreation centre incorporating an indoor diving pool and dry diving facility in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan area, at a cost of $45 million (formerly Ringwood Aquatic Centre). The Council received $3 million from the Victorian Government Community Facility Funding - Better Pools Funding Program and $10 million from the Federal Government. SGL completed the Ringwood Aquatic Centre Feasibility Study that lead to this major facility replacement.
• Hume City Council is currently designing the $45 million Craigieburn Regional Aquatic Leisure Centre and has received $3 million in state government funding for the project. SGL completed project feasibility in 2010 and has recently assisted with business and management planning and providing ongoing design advice. The project is part of a major regional town centre which also includes a major athletics centre and town park.
Commenting on this extensive portfolio of project funding, King states “investing in SGL to assist your project with feasibility and business planning really pays off.
“SGL is also experienced in assisting in the preparation of Funding Applications and support documents such as financial and management planning, economic impact studies and community benefit measurement.”
For further information click here to contact SGL Offices via their entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
31st March 2015 - SGL APPOINTS NEW SENIOR CONSULTANT IN NSW
29th July 2013 - $47.8 MILLION AQUANATION TRANSFORMATION BEGINS
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Talk To Us For Independent Advice & Specialised Services We're business people, not sales reps IP HUB is one of Australia’s leading advisors on telecoms for both small businesses and…read more
Solar Pool Heating & Swimming Pool Covers since 1974. Sunbather offer an Australian made product which undergoes continual development to enable you to trust in the Sunbather brand. We deliver a…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
TJS Services is a leading national facility services provider. We deliver quality cleaning, maintenance, construction and facility management services to over 1,500 sites Australia wide. Our…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!