Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
SGL feasibility consultancies boost project funding
It has been a busy few years at SGL Consulting Group Australia Pty Ltd as it continues to expand its services across Australia as well as expanding in New Zealand and the South Pacific in association with SGL Consulting Group New Zealand Limited, SGL Funding New Zealand Limited and SGL Pacific Limited.
During this time, the SGL Group collective has completed more than 200 projects, with many of these paying off significantly for clients as the project reports are used to assist with attracting funding support.
In May, SGL Consulting Group Australia Pty Ltd reached a significant milestone in funding support from its projects with the Victorian Government’s announcement of a budget allocation of $15 million towards the new Greater Bendigo Indoor Aquatic Leisure and Wellbeing Centre.
This backing meant that successful SGL Australian project funding had reached more than $150 million in three years.
This was made up of:
• 20 Aquatic and Leisure facility projects SGL worked on that were successful in attracting $130 million in state and federal government grants for facilities across Australia, including $26.5 million for the Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre Frankston and $12.5 million for the Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre.
• Five indoor sport/stadium projects SGL worked on that were successful in attracting more than $15 million in state and federal government grants for facilities across Australia including $9 million for the Wyndham Sports and Fitness Centre Redevelopment.
• Two outdoor stadium projects SGL worked on were successful in attracting more than $5 million in state and federal government grants for facilities across Australia including $3.6 million for Victoria Park Redevelopment.
The total amount of funding allocated to SGL Projects has continued to expand also in New Zealand through the support of SGL Funding New Zealand Limited. This company is headed up by Steve Bramley and as Director, has been responsible over the past 11 years for a large range of new facilities being funded including:
• Working for extended periods with several local authorities in New Zealand to develop an integrated and planned approach to the funding of major community facilities. In particular, SGL Funding has worked extensively with the Rotorua, Tauranga, Buller and Timaru District Councils, but has also undertaken major project funding work for several other Council areas including Porirua, Wellington, Far North, Upper Hutt, South Waikato, Ashburton and currently South Wairarapa. Conservatively, SGL Funding has led the securing of over $140 million of community (non-Council/client funding), not including endowment funding. Since its formation in 2003, SGL Funding has assisted to secure over $1 million every month towards major community leisure projects.
• A major support role with the establishment of ‘Community Foundations’ in New Zealand. Community Foundations provide services that help to find matches between donor interests and community needs. In particular, SGL has taken a key advisory role with the leading New Zealand community endowment entity, the Acorn Foundation (The Acorn Foundation now has a pledged endowment fund value in excess of $100 million from over 200 donors), Geyser Foundation, Rotorua, New Zealand; Aoraki Foundation, South Canterbury, New Zealand and has also helped establish Community Foundations in Lake Macquarie, NSW and most recently Eastland, New Zealand.
• Undertaking leading funding advisory work with District Health Boards in New Zealand, which has seen the successful securing of $3 million from in excess of 4,000 donors for an MRI Scanner for the South Canterbury District Health Board. Most recently, SGL Funding has been the funding advisor for the Taranaki District Health Board, which has seen the establishment of an aspirational entity, the Taranaki Health Foundation (similar to Auckland’s Starship Foundation, but for all health services in Taranaki), and to date has achieved $6.4 million towards an initial $10 million target.
For further information contact one of the following SGL Directors:
Victoria, NSW, Tasmania and ACT: Michael King, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +61 (04) 17 536 198
South Australia, Western Australia, Northern Territory and Queensland: Phillip Gray, E: email@example.com, T: +61 (04) 16 235 235
New Zealand: Steve Bramley, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +64 (0) 21 795 187
Pacific Region: Larry Sengstock, E: email@example.com, T: +61 (04) 19 634 668 or +675 7146 2451
Click here to view the SGL Group entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
4th September 2014 - SGL EXPANDS CONSULTANCY WITH NEW PACIFIC ISLANDS VENTURE
24th September 2012 - SGL TO PREPARE SPORT AND RECREATION STRATEGY FOR HORSHAM RURAL CITY COUNCIL
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
Supreme Heating is a proud Australian owned company specialising in the latest energy efficient heating solutions. Since 1990, Supreme Heating has designed and installed commercial pool heating…read more
Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
Recreation Management Software for managing all your program registrations, facility bookings, membership pass sales and Point of Sale; including detailed reporting, automated customer communication…read more
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!