Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
Service award for LIWA Aquatics President
Jeff Fondacaro, President of the Leisure Institute of Western Australia (LIWA) Aquatics has been presented with a Commonwealth Service Award by the Royal Life Saving Society Australia (Western Australia Branch) for his contribution to life saving and water safety.
Presented in recognition for his service to the aquatics industry, the citation for the prestigious award read:
"Jeff Fondacaro has been on the RLSSAWA Board of Directors since 2001. Jeff has volunteered his time since 2000 where he participated in many volunteer committees and working groups to review RLSSAWA training packages. He has been instrumental in ensuring that these training programs are meeting the needs of the aquatics industry."
• Fondacaro has worked in the aquatics industry for 40 years and since 1988 in Western Australia;
• Fondacaro has been on the LIWA Aquatics Board since 1990 as a volunteer and was Treasurer for 10 years and President since 2007;
• His commitment to lifesaving has been demonstrated through the initial consultation and development of the RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Award in the early 1990s as a volunteer;
• He was involved with the initial development of the pre-cursor to Watch Around Water - Pool Watch at the Beatty Park Leisure Centre;
• He is a great advocate for Watch Around Water and promotes this program and the partnership with RLSS at every possible opportunity;
• Fondacaro has been involved in the delivery of vocational training for RLSSWA since 2000 and has played a major role in mentoring young staff in the area of pool lifeguarding and pool operations;
• Through Jeff's involvement, Beatty Park participate in regular in-house training for their lifeguards;
• He has played an ongoing role in the development and moderation of RLSS training programs since 2000.
In acknowledgement of his work, a statement from LIWA Aquatics read "wonderful recognition for a lifetime contribution to Water Safety - congratulations Jeff!"
3rd August 2009 - LIWA AQUATICS LAUNCHES WEBSITE, ANTICIPATES CONFERENCE
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
Tim Batt Water Solutions are at the very forefront of the commercial aquatic business in Australia, with over 30 years specific experience supplying and installing chemical control and dosing…read more
Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 30 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!