Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 25 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
Safety a Concern for Youth
Minister for Youth, Kate Ellis, says a new report shows young people are making a vital contribution to Australia, but they're also facing new risks and challenges.
The report - The State of Australia's Young People: a report on the social, economic, health and family lives of young people - shows that:
• Leisure time accounts for approximately 24% of 15 to 19-year-olds time and 21% of 20 to 24-year-olds time, and as productive time increases (work, education and caring), leisure time decreases;
• Over two-thirds of young people engage in some form of physical activity, although less than half engage in moderate to vigorous exercise, as is recommended;
• Teenagers aged 15 to 19 have the highest hospitalisation rate for acute intoxication of all age groups and one in five 16-year-olds have used illicit drugs;
• One in three sexually active young people report experiencing unwanted sex;
• One in four young people are living with a mental illness;
• Almost a quarter of young people feel unsafe walking alone at night and young people are more likely to be the victim of a crime but less likely to report it;
• Nine out of 10 17-year-olds use a mobile phone; and
• Nine out of 10 families have an Internet connection.
The State of Australia's Young People shows that some young people are at greater risk of falling behind than others, particularly those who are Indigenous, from a low socioeconomic background, aren't studying or working or have a disability.
The full report is available at www.youth.gov.au/snapshot.html
9th December 2009 - OBESITY EXPERTS CRITICAL OF ACTIVE AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
5th June 2009 - REPORT CALLS FOR ‘MORE FACILITIES FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY’
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Fitness On Demand™ is a market-leading developer of virtual group fitness products. Our innovative video delivery systems offer robust content and a simple-to-use, comprehensive web app. Fitness…read more
HTS Group Ltd provides a complete design, system integration, installation and maintenance package to the transportation, traffic engineering, parking and sports timing industries in New Zealand,…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
Recreation Management Software for managing all your program registrations, facility bookings, membership pass sales and Point of Sale; including detailed reporting, automated customer communication…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!