SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
Queensland regional events boosted by $500,000 funding
Residents in regional Queensland will be able to enjoy 23 community events with $520,000 of new funding from Tourism and Events Queensland’s Regional Development Program.
Queensland Minister for Tourism and Major Events Jann Stuckey said the funding would build on Queensland’s already wide range of events and boost communities across the state.
Minister Stuckey explained “the Queensland Government’s 20-year plan for tourism, Destination Success, recognises the importance of supporting events that drive repeat visitors to regional destinations and support local economies.
“They also create jobs and give families new opportunities to spend time together.
“Tourism and Events Queensland has created the most comprehensive portfolio of supported events of any state with the program having now invested more than $23.5 million in 1,091 events since 2001.
“This program is part of our strong plan for a brighter future. Regional events contribute to our goal of growing overnight visitor expenditure from $15 billion to $30 billion by 2020.
“The latest funding round will continue to grow Queensland’s diverse events calendar, including music festivals to triathlons, culinary events to cultural celebrations.
“The money will go towards marketing activities to increase awareness of the event and destination, strategic planning, the engagement of short-term personnel and hire of temporary infrastructure.
“In addition to developing Queensland’s home-grown events, the latest round of Regional Development Program funding will also support four new events to be held for the first time in 2014/15.
“The four inaugural events include the Abbey Medieval Jousting Spectacular (pictured above), Gladstone Regional Seafood Festival, Kitefoil Gold Cup Australia and Soldier on Triathlon.
“All the events to receive funding will be held between September 2014 and September 2015.”
Application for the next Regional Development Program funding round are now invited - closing on 8th August 2014.
The funding is for events to be held between 1st April 2015 and 30th September 2016.
To apply for Tourism and Events Queensland Regional Development Program Funding visit go to www.teq.queensland.com
Events supported under Round 26 of the Regional Development Program:
• Abbey Medieval Jousting Spectacular, Caboolture (14th to 16th November 2014) $25,000
• Airlie Beach Music Festival, Airlie Beach (6th to 9th November 2014) $30,000
• Australian Camp Oven Festival, Millmerran (4th and 5th October 2014) $30,000
• Beach Bash Obstacle Course Challenge, Kirra (4th and 5th October 2014) $10,000
• Capricorn Coast Running Festival, Yeppoon (5th October 2014) $10,000
• Gladstone Region Seafood Festival, Gladstone (12th October 2014) $30,000
• Glencore Greek Fest Townsville, Townsville (11th and 12th October 2014) $30,000
• Have A Go Festival, Toowoomba (21st annd 22nd February 2015) $15,000
• Kitefoil Gold Cup Australia, Townsville (25th September to 2nd October 2014) $15,000
• Lake Moondarra Fishing Classic, Mount Isa (24th to 26th October 2014) $36,345
• Magnetic Island Adventurethon, Magnetic Island (28th and 29th March 2015) $20,000
• Magnetic Island Race Week, Magnetic Island (27th August to 1st September 2015) $30,000
• Medibank Wave Warriors Junior Challenge, Coolangatta and Noosa (4th October 2014 to 22nd February 2015) $15,000
• Noosa International Rugby 7’s Festival 2014, Noosa (4th and 5th October 2014) $20,000
• Outback Horse & Heritage Expo, Longreach (2rd to 26th July 2015) $45,000
• Pride of the West, Quilpie (26th and 27th September 2014) $10,000
• Queensland Ocean Swim Series, Noosa, Mooloolaba, Caloundra, Coolangatta (31st January to 28th March 2015) $20,800
• Shakespeare in the Park, Toowoomba (2nd to 7th October 2014) $15,000
• Soldier On Triathlon, Yungaburra (22nd and 23rd November 2014) $15,000
• Tastes of the Tablelands, Atherton (19th October 2014) $17,300
• Tour de Valley, Currumbin (12th October 2014) $16,000
• Warwick Gold Cup Campdraft & Rodeo, Warwick (20th to 26th October 2014) $25,000
23rd March 2013 - AUSTRALIANS ENCOURAGED TO TAKE AN OUTBACK ‘EVENTURE’
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
Hidroplay welcomes you to the exciting world of children's Playscapes, waterslide's and Water Attractions. Appealing to families, Hidroplay increases patronage in your facility during those…read more
Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
Yellowbox is an Australian technology company that has developed smart locker technology operated through an app with a focus on experience for users and facility managers. Found at Beaches, Aquatic…read more
With industry leading solutions in design and durability you can improve your facilities with our access control operations, payment systems and flexible personal locker storage solutions. Your…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!