Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
Public invited to offer feedback on Adelaide’s Riverbank Precinct Code Amendment
The public are being invited to offer feedback on planning changes required to support the South Australian Government’s vision for Adelaide’s world-class health, sporting, educational and biomedical Riverbank Precinct.
South Australian Minister for Planning and Local Government, Vickie Chapman said the community is being urged to have its say on the proposed changes, which would ensure all future development in the precinct is well managed, considered and supported.
Minister Chapman notes “The Riverbank Precinct is an integral part of Adelaide’s identity, and a major contributor to its overall vibrancy.
“These proposed changes would ensure any future development, such as the new Women’s and Children’s Hospital, is well-managed, consistent and in keeping with the surrounding areas.
“As Australia’s most liveable city, we owe it to our children, and children’s children, to lay down the framework necessary to protect and enhance this iconic precinct.
“The proposed changes will also help ensure our sporting, health, cultural, environmental and educational facilities are easy to access and well connected.
Consultation will open on Wednesday 15th September 2021 and run for six weeks (closing on 27th October 2021).
Key features of the proposed Riverbank Precinct Code Amendment include:
- Rezoning land west of the Royal Adelaide Hospital from the Adelaide Park Lands Zone to City Riverbank Zone (Health Subzone) to support the development of the new Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
- Rezoning land west of Montefiore Rd from Adelaide Park Lands Zone to City Riverbank Zone (Entertainment Subzone) and a portion of land already in City Riverbank Zone from Health Subzone to Entertainment Subzone. This will support the development of entertainment-related uses, such as an arena.
- Rezoning land near and on which the Adelaide Botanic High School currently sits, from Adelaide Park Lands Zone to City Riverbank Zone (Innovation Subzone), to better reflect current use.
- Applying a new Riverbank Subzone in the Adelaide Park Lands Zone to the southern and northern side of the River Torrens in the location between Kintore Avenue and the Torrens Weir to accommodate small-scale development such as cafes and shops (both on-water and off-water) that contributes to the activation of the riverfront, in a way that protects the open landscaped character and heritage values of Elder Park.
- Policy changes to support connections and linkages throughout the precinct.
- Policy changes to support development of high quality and amenity.
The proposed Code Amendment and supporting documents will be available on the PlanSA website from Wednesday 15th September, 2021.
Image: Artist’s rendering of the planned new venue from the air
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
SPORTENG specialises in the Planning, Design and Construction inspection of Fields of Play for all sports. Blending engineering with the specialist knowledge gained from working closely with sport…read more
Intelligenz provides Leisure Management Software for managing all your Program Registrations, Facility Bookings, Membership Sales and POS Transactions; including detailed Reporting, automated…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. FIT FOR PURPOSE. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!