Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…read more
Private Sector Contributes $171 million to the Arts
Local arts and cultural organisations have received over $171 million in income from the private sector in 2006/07 according to new survey data from the Australia Business Arts Foundation (AbaF).
In its first Survey of Private Sector Support for the Arts, the AbaF surveyed 708 arts and cultural organisations, including organisations that receive funding from federal, state and territory governments. Asking how much they received in the last financial year in sponsorships (cash and in-kind) and donations, the survey showed:
• Australian arts and cultural organisations earned $171.1 million income from the private sector in 2006-7.
• Overall, 7.4% of the total income of arts and cultural organisations is derived from the private sector.
• Private sector income is divided almost equally between donations (50.7%) and sponsorships (49.3%).
• New South Wales ($66.7 million) and Victoria (54.7 million) receive the lion's share of private sector income 71% of the national total.
• The sector that receives the most private sector support is Museums and Galleries ($61.3 million) followed by Performing Arts ($54.8 million).
• Donations greatly outweigh sponsorship in museums and galleries, and donations are slightly more than sponsorships for state libraries.
• Sponsorships significantly outweigh donations in performing arts, festivals, and other arts.
• Smaller arts organisations derive a higher percentage of their income from private sector support than do larger organisations, although larger organisations receive more dollars.
Introducing the survey, AbaF Chief Executive Jane Haley, stated "the private sector is making an important contribution to the health of the arts and cultural sector through sponsorships and donations.
"This survey is the first statistically valid, comprehensive national study of private sector support for the arts. We plan to repeat it annually. Building on this survey year by year we will be able to analyse trends in the sector."
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Humanforce is a global provider of workforce management solutions for companies who need flexibility to manage complex workforces. Companies use Humanforce to manage everything from time and…read more
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
Tim Batt Water Solutions are at the very forefront of the commercial aquatic business in Australia, with over 30 years specific experience supplying and installing chemical control and dosing…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
PROVEN BUSINESS CONCEPTS WITH XBODY XBody’s goal is to see you and your EMS business succeed. That is why we don’t just sell equipment, we provide know-how, expert knowledge,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!