Recreation Management Software for managing all your program registrations, facility bookings, membership pass sales and Point of Sale; including detailed reporting, automated customer communication…read more
Parks professionals head for Christchurch
This year's 2008 New Zealand Recreation Association (NZRA) conference is linking with 2008 International Federation of Park and Recreation Administration Asia Pacific Congress (IFPRA).
The joint congress/conference is being held from 16th to 18th September in Christchurch, with the theme Making Connections - Make a Difference.
Promising "a truly international experience", the event is attracting professionals from across the Asia Pacific region - Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Australia â and others from Ireland, Finland, Slovakia, Monaco, Switzerland, South Africa, Canada, France and the Czech Republic.
Key international speakers at the event include:
• Gil Penalosa, while working in Bogota, Colombia (population 7 million), Gil helped build more than 200 parks and opened 91 kilometres of car-free city roads on Sundays, so 1.5 million people could walk, run, skate and bike.
• Daniel Boulens helped France's second biggest city, Lyon, win a United Nations' LivCom Gold Award for sustainability.
• Dr. Carol Stensrud will demonstrate how inclusive recreation impacts health, cultural well-being, community inclusion, ecological survival and world peace.
• Steve Coleman was honoured by the US President for transforming Malcolm X Park from Washington's single most violent national park into one of its safest.
• Zhao Shiwei of Beijing Botantical Garden will talk about Beijing's Olympic experience and how it kept the games 'green'.
• Jeanette Fich Jespersen from Kompan Play Institute is an expert in play-sustained child development, and will reveal research findings about the facilities and places that best work for youth.
• Melissa Clark Reynolds is one of a select group of people personally trained by former US Vice-President Al Gore to present his views on the revealing documentary 'An inconvenient truth'.
Christchurch, New Zealand's 'Garden City', has more than 700 parks that are used for conservation, recreation and sporting activities.
The organising committee has arranged a wide variety of social and leisure activities, allowing delegates the opportunity to explore and experience the city. There is also a post conference tour available for delegates and their partners.
For more information go to www.ifpra2008.com
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976, and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of…read more
Neptune Benson is a manufacturer of high quality water filtration and disinfection products for the recreational, industrial, and municipal water markets. With more than 20,000 installations…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
SGL is an innovative and progressive lifestyle, leisure and community consulting practice, operated by Phillip Gray and active since 1988. SGL has undertaken an extensive range of sport,…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
TJS Services is a leading national facility services provider. We deliver quality cleaning, maintenance, construction and facility management services to over 1,500 sites Australia wide. Our…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!