Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
NSW Government announces $18 million in arts funding
NSW Minister for Tourism, Major Events, Hospitality, Racing and the Arts, George Souris, has announced nearly $18 million in new program funding for arts initiatives across NSW.
Minister Souris said the Negotiated Program Funding has been allocated to 42 arts and cultural organisations as part of the 2012 Arts Funding Program, stating "from Wagga Wagga to Wollongong, Balmain to Ballina and Newcastle to the Northern Tablelands, communities across the State will benefit from this funding.
"The Negotiated Program Funding provides support to some of the State's most significant and recognised arts and cultural organisations.
"It includes Regional Arts NSW, regional writers' centres, Museums and Galleries NSW, Music NSW and as well as Australia's leading contemporary visual arts festival, the Biennale of Sydney.
"It also covers devolved funding which are small grants allocated to community-based arts and cultural activity to support local capacity building, including the NSW volunteer regional museum sector and the Royal Australian Historical Society.
"In 2012, Negotiated Program Funding includes a CPI increase of 1.8% for those organisations in existing funding agreements ï¾ a helpful addition for arts organisations facing rising costs.
"These organisations have received a total of $15 million this year as part of these existing funding agreements including the 14 Regional Arts Development Officers (RADOs) based throughout NSW. This allocation is in addition to the new funding of $18 million.
"In total, new and existing Negotiated Program Funding in 2012 is worth nearly $32.5 million."
Some of the funding highlights include:
• Opera Australia will receive $3.3 million towards its operations and 2012 artistic program which will include summer and winter seasons at the Sydney Opera House;
• Sydney Symphony Orchestra will receive $3.2 million to support its operations and 2012 artistic program including commissioning of works, Australian premieres and touring;
• Museums & Galleries NSW will use $1.2 million to support small to medium sized museums, galleries and Aboriginal cultural centres throughout NSW;
• Surry Hill's Company B will receive $952,985 to continue performing at Belvoir Street and conduct tours nationally and internationally;
• Regional Arts NSW will benefit from $703,250 to deliver funding programs such as the Arts NSW devolved Country Arts Support Program (CASP);
• The Australian Ballet will use $676,045 to deliver an ambitious program of performances, major events and activities in 2012 for its 50th anniversary celebration which will involve world premiere works and international touring;
• Sydney's Artspace Visual Arts Centre Ltd will benefit from $551,459 to support its artistic program of on-site exhibition and tours and public program activities;
• Arts on Tour will receive $318,380 to continue providing its services to the NSW performing arts touring sector, supporting producers and regional venues; &
• Big Hart Inc will use $313,035 to continue its work with communities to produce high quality arts projects.
Minister Souris said the 2012 Arts Funding Program is worth more than $58 million in total, adding "through the annual Arts Funding Program the NSW Government is ensuring that our State remains a centre of creativity and innovation.
"We are increasing opportunities for people across NSW to enjoy a wide range of arts and cultural activities.
"Already we have announced 2012 grants for annual and multiyear program funding, regional conservatoriums, performing arts touring, capital infrastructure, screen audience development, strategic industry development, ConnectEd Arts, and creation and/or presentation of new works."
A full list of the grant recipients is available at www.arts.nsw.gov.au
Image: Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
7th July 2010 - ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENTS AT COMPANY B BELVOIR
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
Pico Play is a global leader in the planning, design, development and construction of world-class themed attractions and entertainment that deliver extraordinary and memorable experiences to millions…read more
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!