AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
Nominations invited for National Sports Convention Awards
To be presented at the National Sports Convention in July, nominations are now open for the Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards.
The awards, which recognise individuals, not-for-profits, commercial, recreation and sports sectors and will be presented on Thursday 20th July at the National Sports Convention Industry Awards and Networking Evening.
A key part of Australia’s largest community sport and recreation convention, categories for 2017 include:
1. Programs, Activities or Events – that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active in large numbers;
2. Sports Turf – innovative solutions that encourage greater intensity and durability of natural or synthetic sports fields in a manner that allows for greater usage;
3. Technological Solutions and Products – for the Business to Business or the Business to Consumer markets that encourage more people to play sport or be active;
4. Play Grounds – designs and developments that encourage more children to play, have fun and be active;
5. Young Innovator – a young person (under 25) who has developed a program, space, activity, technological solution or innovative partnership that is encouraging more people to be active;
6. Marketing and Communications – the packaging and communication of an opportunity in a manner that has encouraged more people to be active;
7. Facility Design and Development – innovative design and management that creates and environment where more people are active (built and natural environments); and
8. The Overall Sport, Recreation and Play Industry Award for Innovation – the winner will be chosen from one the above seven winners.
2017 Awards Winners
Up to three finalists will be short-listed and invited to the Industry Networking Evening where they will also be able to display their innovations, allowing the industry to celebrate their achievements.
Each category will be independently assessed by a panel of industry experts and the award winner will also receive $1,000 and the overall winner a further $2,000.
The online application is free and, unlike other ‘industry’ awards, is open to all – not just members of industry associations.
A statement from the event organisers explains “the awards are the first truly Australian awards for the whole sector and will celebrate innovation in the sector.”
For more information go to www.nationalsportsconvention.com.au/awards-form
Click here to view details of the National Sports Convention in the Australasian Leisure Management Industry Calendar.
Images courtesy of Nature Play Queensland.
1st March 2017 - KEYNOTE SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED FOR NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION
16th January 2017 - NEW PARTNERS BACK 2017 NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION
8th December 2016 - LANDMARK STUDY FINDS SPORT STRUGGLING TO KEEP YOUTH ENGAGED
16th February 2016 - NEW AWARDS TO RECOGNISE INNOVATION IN SPORT, RECREATION AND PLAY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
With its sleek good looks and easy-to-use yet powerful functionality, Envibe is the premium fitness club software for the Australasian leisure, recreation and fitness industry. We are the most…read more
Leisure Concepts brings the world’s best fitness equipment brands to Australasia including Eleiko, Atlantis Strength and Merrithew Pilates. With a huge variety of treadmills,…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
AIS Water, the trading name of Australian Innovative Systems, is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators…read more
Pico is a global leader in Total Brand Activation. We specialise in engaging people, creating experiences and activating brands. Leveraging a track record in experience design that spans half a…read more
Activating skyscapes for tourism, art, leisure and living TouchCloud Global (TCg) is a highly specialised international consultancy, broker and principal, devoted solely to activating and energising…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!