Tim Batt Water Solutions are at the very forefront of the commercial aquatic business in Australia, with over 30 years specific experience supplying and installing chemical control and dosing…read more
Nominations invited for National Sports Convention Awards
To be presented at the National Sports Convention in July, nominations are now open for the Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards.
The awards, which recognise individuals, not-for-profits, commercial, recreation and sports sectors and will be presented on Thursday 20th July at the National Sports Convention Industry Awards and Networking Evening.
A key part of Australia’s largest community sport and recreation convention, categories for 2017 include:
1. Programs, Activities or Events – that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active in large numbers;
2. Sports Turf – innovative solutions that encourage greater intensity and durability of natural or synthetic sports fields in a manner that allows for greater usage;
3. Technological Solutions and Products – for the Business to Business or the Business to Consumer markets that encourage more people to play sport or be active;
4. Play Grounds – designs and developments that encourage more children to play, have fun and be active;
5. Young Innovator – a young person (under 25) who has developed a program, space, activity, technological solution or innovative partnership that is encouraging more people to be active;
6. Marketing and Communications – the packaging and communication of an opportunity in a manner that has encouraged more people to be active;
7. Facility Design and Development – innovative design and management that creates and environment where more people are active (built and natural environments); and
8. The Overall Sport, Recreation and Play Industry Award for Innovation – the winner will be chosen from one the above seven winners.
2017 Awards Winners
Up to three finalists will be short-listed and invited to the Industry Networking Evening where they will also be able to display their innovations, allowing the industry to celebrate their achievements.
Each category will be independently assessed by a panel of industry experts and the award winner will also receive $1,000 and the overall winner a further $2,000.
The online application is free and, unlike other ‘industry’ awards, is open to all – not just members of industry associations.
A statement from the event organisers explains “the awards are the first truly Australian awards for the whole sector and will celebrate innovation in the sector.”
For more information go to www.nationalsportsconvention.com.au/awards-form
Click here to view details of the National Sports Convention in the Australasian Leisure Management Industry Calendar.
Images courtesy of Nature Play Queensland.
1st March 2017 - KEYNOTE SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED FOR NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION
16th January 2017 - NEW PARTNERS BACK 2017 NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION
8th December 2016 - LANDMARK STUDY FINDS SPORT STRUGGLING TO KEEP YOUTH ENGAGED
16th February 2016 - NEW AWARDS TO RECOGNISE INNOVATION IN SPORT, RECREATION AND PLAY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
The Calgym/Synergy group has had a long and proud history since 1976 as world leaders in the innovation, design and evolution of commercial strength and conditioning equipment. The Synergy group was…read more
Geoff Ninnes Fong & Partners (GNFP) is a structural, aquatic and civil engineering consultancy with broad experience in the design of new municipal and institutional swimming pools, hydrotherapy…read more
Mattioli provides award winning painting, flooring and waterproofing services to the aquatics and recreation sector. We’re recognised as the leading contractor in the industry with award-winning…read more
NovoFit is an exciting and dynamic new company born from two of Australia’s leading commercial fitness equipment suppliers. NovoFit combines over 45 years of industry expertise, delivering state…read more
TJS Services is a leading national facility services provider. We deliver quality cleaning, maintenance, construction and facility management services to over 1,500 sites Australia wide. Our…read more
Solarwise NSW / Dolphin Tech were the first and are the largest Dolphin dealer in NSW with a full service facility and full range of spare parts "on the shelf". We also provide on site…read more
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!