Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
Nominations invited for National Sports Convention Awards
To be presented at the National Sports Convention in July, nominations are now open for the Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Innovation Awards.
The awards, which recognise individuals, not-for-profits, commercial, recreation and sports sectors and will be presented on Thursday 20th July at the National Sports Convention Industry Awards and Networking Evening.
A key part of Australia’s largest community sport and recreation convention, categories for 2017 include:
1. Programs, Activities or Events – that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active in large numbers;
2. Sports Turf – innovative solutions that encourage greater intensity and durability of natural or synthetic sports fields in a manner that allows for greater usage;
3. Technological Solutions and Products – for the Business to Business or the Business to Consumer markets that encourage more people to play sport or be active;
4. Play Grounds – designs and developments that encourage more children to play, have fun and be active;
5. Young Innovator – a young person (under 25) who has developed a program, space, activity, technological solution or innovative partnership that is encouraging more people to be active;
6. Marketing and Communications – the packaging and communication of an opportunity in a manner that has encouraged more people to be active;
7. Facility Design and Development – innovative design and management that creates and environment where more people are active (built and natural environments); and
8. The Overall Sport, Recreation and Play Industry Award for Innovation – the winner will be chosen from one the above seven winners.
2017 Awards Winners
Up to three finalists will be short-listed and invited to the Industry Networking Evening where they will also be able to display their innovations, allowing the industry to celebrate their achievements.
Each category will be independently assessed by a panel of industry experts and the award winner will also receive $1,000 and the overall winner a further $2,000.
The online application is free and, unlike other ‘industry’ awards, is open to all – not just members of industry associations.
A statement from the event organisers explains “the awards are the first truly Australian awards for the whole sector and will celebrate innovation in the sector.”
For more information go to www.nationalsportsconvention.com.au/awards-form
Click here to view details of the National Sports Convention in the Australasian Leisure Management Industry Calendar.
Images courtesy of Nature Play Queensland.
1st March 2017 - KEYNOTE SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED FOR NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION
16th January 2017 - NEW PARTNERS BACK 2017 NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION
8th December 2016 - LANDMARK STUDY FINDS SPORT STRUGGLING TO KEEP YOUTH ENGAGED
16th February 2016 - NEW AWARDS TO RECOGNISE INNOVATION IN SPORT, RECREATION AND PLAY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Les Mills Asia Pacific Les Mills Asia Pacific (LMAP) have been setting the benchmark for providing professional fitness solutions across Australia and South East Asia since 1996. Our world renowned…read more
AIS Water, the trading name of Australian Innovative Systems, is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators…read more
Smart Connection Consultancy is a boutique sport and recreation consultancy who has become one of Australia’s leading advocates for the use of synthetic sports surfaces as a vehicle to grow…read more
Welcome to The Pool Enclosure Company (TPEC). We provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing…read more
Leisure Concepts brings the world’s leading fitness equipment brands to Australasia - these include True Fitness, Atlantis Strength, Merrithew (Stott Pilates), Intenza Fitness,…read more
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!