PROVEN BUSINESS CONCEPTS WITH XBODY XBody’s goal is to see you and your EMS business succeed. That is why we don’t just sell equipment, we provide know-how, expert knowledge,…read more
New speakers and new specialist workshop clinics announced for EEAA 2017 conference
The Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) has announced further details of its 2017 Conference program, including a keynote by Tourism Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive John O’Sullivan, and a series of specialist workshop clinics that comprise a new second day of the event.
EEAA Chief Executive Joyce DiMascio said adding a practical second day of clinics to the program was in response to member requests for more hands-on skills that can be taken away and applied within the business.
DiMascio explained “John O’Sullivan will join us on the EEAA stage in a keynote session to discuss what drives Australia’s success in business events. He will address what is at the heart of Tourism Australia’s marketing and trade programs and which markets represent the greatest potential for growth in business events.
“The Association is committed to supporting the growth of its Members and the industry through the sharing of relevant, informative and practical content including an important Security and Operations Clinic."
“Craig Sheridan APM, Managing Director of Sheridan Consulting Group, and Leighton Wood, COO of Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre will examine what needs to be considered in relation to security at events.
“They will address the current security environment including threat levels, and the recent changes to the Commonwealth legislation regarding obligations in relation to protection of ‘crowded places’. Attendees will be able to formulate an action plan that they can then take back and apply in their business.
“We will also hear from a senior representative of Victoria police. Security and safety is top-of-mind for our sector and this deep dive clinic will arm organisers, venues and suppliers with the knowledge and skills they need to keep our events and people safe.
“Our industry is constantly evolving. As conferences and exhibitions in the event sector converge, so too do the challenges we face and the opportunities for growth. The topics covered at our Conference are applicable to anyone working across the entire spectrum of the event industry and I encourage you all to be part of the conversation in Melbourne.”
The keynote topics for the conference include:
• A world view of the exhibition industry, Denzil Rankine, Founder and Executive Chairman, AMR International
• Australia’s economic landscape – risks and opportunities ahead, Nicki Hutley, Chief Economist, Urbis
• Audience Attraction – getting your strategy right, Emma Triggs, Founder and Managing Director, The M Agency
• Trust is the key factor in influencing behaviour - Who do Australians trust?, Steve Spurr, Chief Executive, Edelman Australia
• Universal secrets of strategy - Rosie Yeo, Strategy Consultant
• Australia’s Business Events Story - John O’Sullivan
The EEAA clinics are hands-on sessions specially designed to get to the heart of common issues and provide attendees with practical solutions and strategies that can be implemented straight away.
The specialist clinics include:
• Crisis Management Clinic - Peter Wilkinson, Managing Director, Wilkinson Group
• Sales Clinic - Murray Grimston, Advisory Partner, Miller Heiman Group
• Strategy and Insights Clinic - Denzil Rankine, Founder and Executive Chairman, AMR International
• Social Media Marketing Clinic - Felicity Zadro, Founder and Managing Director, Zadro
• Security and Operations Clinic - Craig Sheridan APM, Managing Director, Sheridan Consulting Group and Leighton Wood, Chief Operating Officer, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
• Marketing Optimisation Clinic - Brad McIntyre, Country Manager - New Zealand, Eventbrite
• Logistics and Safety Clinic - Sharon Friedman, Safety Manager, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and Jim Pantopolis, General Manager - Australia and New Zealand, Agility Fairs & Events
• Stand Design and Experience Clinic - Giles Carlyle, Senior Account Manager and Designer, Designteam; Adam Gottlieb, founder and Chief Executive, TELEPORTIVITY - powered by Worker Clicks; and Lauren Stapleton, Director of Sales, Decorative Events & Exhibitions
Click here to view conference details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
Images: Tourism Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive John O’Sullivan (top), Joyce DiMascio (middle) and EEAA 2017 conference speakers (below).
18th July 2017 - GLOBAL BODY RECOGNISES EEAA’S INDUSTRY ADVOCACY
16th June 2017 - EEAA ANNOUNCES NEW BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
8th June 2017 - AUSTRALIA MARKS GLOBAL EXHIBITIONS DAY
28th February 2017 - EEAA WELCOMES NEW INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
4th September 2015 - TOURISM AUSTRALIA AND VISA TIE-UP TO TARGET MILLENNIALS
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
We are the leading providers of kids fun multi-sports programs for Sport and Recreation Centres. Programs cover twelve common sports as well as Gross Motor Skill Development and suit children from as…read more
Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!