AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
New speakers and new specialist workshop clinics announced for EEAA 2017 conference
The Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) has announced further details of its 2017 Conference program, including a keynote by Tourism Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive John O’Sullivan, and a series of specialist workshop clinics that comprise a new second day of the event.
EEAA Chief Executive Joyce DiMascio said adding a practical second day of clinics to the program was in response to member requests for more hands-on skills that can be taken away and applied within the business.
DiMascio explained “John O’Sullivan will join us on the EEAA stage in a keynote session to discuss what drives Australia’s success in business events. He will address what is at the heart of Tourism Australia’s marketing and trade programs and which markets represent the greatest potential for growth in business events.
“The Association is committed to supporting the growth of its Members and the industry through the sharing of relevant, informative and practical content including an important Security and Operations Clinic."
“Craig Sheridan APM, Managing Director of Sheridan Consulting Group, and Leighton Wood, COO of Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre will examine what needs to be considered in relation to security at events.
“They will address the current security environment including threat levels, and the recent changes to the Commonwealth legislation regarding obligations in relation to protection of ‘crowded places’. Attendees will be able to formulate an action plan that they can then take back and apply in their business.
“We will also hear from a senior representative of Victoria police. Security and safety is top-of-mind for our sector and this deep dive clinic will arm organisers, venues and suppliers with the knowledge and skills they need to keep our events and people safe.
“Our industry is constantly evolving. As conferences and exhibitions in the event sector converge, so too do the challenges we face and the opportunities for growth. The topics covered at our Conference are applicable to anyone working across the entire spectrum of the event industry and I encourage you all to be part of the conversation in Melbourne.”
The keynote topics for the conference include:
• A world view of the exhibition industry, Denzil Rankine, Founder and Executive Chairman, AMR International
• Australia’s economic landscape – risks and opportunities ahead, Nicki Hutley, Chief Economist, Urbis
• Audience Attraction – getting your strategy right, Emma Triggs, Founder and Managing Director, The M Agency
• Trust is the key factor in influencing behaviour - Who do Australians trust?, Steve Spurr, Chief Executive, Edelman Australia
• Universal secrets of strategy - Rosie Yeo, Strategy Consultant
• Australia’s Business Events Story - John O’Sullivan
The EEAA clinics are hands-on sessions specially designed to get to the heart of common issues and provide attendees with practical solutions and strategies that can be implemented straight away.
The specialist clinics include:
• Crisis Management Clinic - Peter Wilkinson, Managing Director, Wilkinson Group
• Sales Clinic - Murray Grimston, Advisory Partner, Miller Heiman Group
• Strategy and Insights Clinic - Denzil Rankine, Founder and Executive Chairman, AMR International
• Social Media Marketing Clinic - Felicity Zadro, Founder and Managing Director, Zadro
• Security and Operations Clinic - Craig Sheridan APM, Managing Director, Sheridan Consulting Group and Leighton Wood, Chief Operating Officer, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
• Marketing Optimisation Clinic - Brad McIntyre, Country Manager - New Zealand, Eventbrite
• Logistics and Safety Clinic - Sharon Friedman, Safety Manager, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre and Jim Pantopolis, General Manager - Australia and New Zealand, Agility Fairs & Events
• Stand Design and Experience Clinic - Giles Carlyle, Senior Account Manager and Designer, Designteam; Adam Gottlieb, founder and Chief Executive, TELEPORTIVITY - powered by Worker Clicks; and Lauren Stapleton, Director of Sales, Decorative Events & Exhibitions
Click here to view conference details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
Images: Tourism Australia Managing Director and Chief Executive John O’Sullivan (top), Joyce DiMascio (middle) and EEAA 2017 conference speakers (below).
18th July 2017 - GLOBAL BODY RECOGNISES EEAA’S INDUSTRY ADVOCACY
16th June 2017 - EEAA ANNOUNCES NEW BOARD OF MANAGEMENT
8th June 2017 - AUSTRALIA MARKS GLOBAL EXHIBITIONS DAY
28th February 2017 - EEAA WELCOMES NEW INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
4th September 2015 - TOURISM AUSTRALIA AND VISA TIE-UP TO TARGET MILLENNIALS
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Aerobic Microphones Australia provides audio products for the fitness industry. Products include the sweat resistant Cyclemic and Aeromic headworn microphones and pouchbelts that are made in…read more
Supreme Heating is a proud Australian owned company specialising in the latest energy efficient heating solutions. Since 1990, Supreme Heating has designed and installed commercial pool heating…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
Recreation Management Software for managing all your program registrations, facility bookings, membership pass sales and Point of Sale; including detailed reporting, automated customer communication…read more
Smart Connection Consultancy is a boutique sport and recreation consultancy who has become one of Australia’s leading advocates for the use of synthetic sports surfaces as a vehicle to grow…read more
Also at 3 Squill Place, Arndell Park NSW 2148 ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!