Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
New Qualmark Awards to recognise exceptional New Zealand visitor experiences
Qualmark, New Zealand tourism’s official quality assurance organisation, has announced 41 finalists for the inaugural 100% Pure New Zealand Experience Awards.
Over 100 entries were received for the awards, which Qualmark General Manager, Gregg Anderson says is a credit to the high standard of experiences on offer by Qualmark Gold accredited operators.
Anderson advised “Qualmark is New Zealand tourism’s official mark of quality and through the 100% Experience Awards our members have highlighted the wide range of exceptional New Zealand experiences on offer.
“The finalists have demonstrated how tourism businesses can support not only a positive visitor experience, but also a positive host community experience of tourism through the principles manaakitanga, tiaki and whānau.”
The Qualmark 100% Pure New Zealand Experience Award finalists:• Abel Tasman Kayaks and Freedom Rentals: 3 Day Classic
• Auckland Sea Kayaks: Sunset Sea Kayak Tour to Rangitoto Island
• Auckland Seaplanes: Rangitoto and Islands Scenic Flight
• Active Adventures: Ultimate South Island Adventure 'Rimu' trip
• Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari: Whale & Dolphin Conservation Cruise
• Brancott Estate Cellar Door and Restaurant: Brancott Estate Vineyard Cycle Tour
• Bush & Beach 2013 Ltd: Wilderness Experience
• Black Cat Cruises: Swimming with Dolphins
• Camp Glenorchy: Camp Glenorchy – Eco Retreat
• Craggy Range Vineyards: Craggy Range Accommodation
• Discover Waitomo: Ruakuri Cave
• Dive! Tutukaka Limited: Full gear hire certified diver, 2 dives
• Franz Josef Glacier Guides: Glacier Heli Hike
• Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands: The Cream Trip
• GCH Aviation: Kaikoura Whales
• Haka Tours Ltd: 16 Day Amplified New Zealand Tour
• GO Rentals: Car Rental
• Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa: Adult Entry
• Hobbiton Movie Set Tours: The Evening Banquet Tour
• Kaitiaki Adventures: White Water Rafting Okere Falls
• Kiwi Experience: The Whole Kit & Caboodle
• Lakestone Lodge: Lakestone Lodge Accommodation
• Marlborough Tour Company: Seafood Odyssea Cruise
• Millbrook Resort: Millbrook Resort
• Mount Cook Ski Planes & Helicopters by INFLITE: Ultimate Alpine Experience - Helicopter & Ski Plane Combo
• Owen River Lodge: Luxury fly fishing lodge experience
• Rainbow Springs Nature Park: Day Pass
• Real Journeys: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
• Real Journeys: Walter Peak Gourmet BBQ Lunch
• Redcliffe Homestead: Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
• Redwoods Treewalk: Redwoods Treewalk and Nightlights Experience
• Rotorua Canopy Tours: The Ultimate Canopy Tour
• SkyScape: SkyScape - Accommodation experience of sleeping in nature
• Taupo DeBretts Spa Resort: Taupo DeBretts Spa Resort
• The Rees Hotel, Luxury Apartments & Lakeside Residences: The Rees Hotel
• TIME Unlimited Tours: Auckland Maori Luxury Tour
• Ultimate Hikes: Milford Track Guided Walk
• Whale Watch Kaikoura Ltd: Whale Watch® Tour
• Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park: Wilsons Abel Tasman 3-Day Kayak & Walk
• YHA New Zealand: YHA Aoraki Mt Cook
• Ziptrek Ecotours: Kea tour
The judging panel is made up of tourism experts from Tourism New Zealand and Air New Zealand including former Chair of Tourism New Zealand, Chair Dame Kerry Prendergast; Tourism New Zealand Chief Executive, Stephen England-Hall; Tourism New Zealand Chief Financial Officer, Sue Parcell; Air New Zealand Head of Sustainability, Lisa Daniell, and; Air New Zealand Sustainability Advisory Panel and Director of the Griffith Institute for Tourism, Dr. Susanne Becken.
Judges will be looking for entries that demonstrate excellence in visitor hosting and a commitment to Tiaki - Care for New Zealand, a tourism industry initiative to encourage travellers to care for people, place and culture while in New Zealand.
The 2019 winners will be announced by Minister of Tourism Kelvin Davis at Parliament House on 1st May 2019, forming part of Qualmark’s annual programme of events.
For more information visit www.qualmark.co.nz
Images: New Zealand Experience Awards finalists Hobbiton (top) and Taupo DeBretts Spa Resort (below).
7th January 2019 - Rafting New Zealand secures prestigious Qualmark tourism award
22nd March 2018 - Qualmark awards Silver status to Christchurch Adventure Park
25th October 2017 - Milford and Routeburn Guided Walks receive Qualmark Gold Status
11th September 2017 - CINZ and Tourism New Zealand to expand collaboration to grow business events
9th August 2017 - Taupo DeBretts Spa Resort wins at local business awards
21st December 2016 - Tourism New Zealand names new Chief Executive
26th March 2015 - Hobbiton welcomes its millionth visitor
12th September 2014 - Auckland Zoo awarded Qualmark certification as an Endorsed Visitor Activity
4th September 2013 - Tourism must pay its dues to the environment
29th November 2011 - Dinosaur to star in Rainbow Springs’ NZ$10 million Big Splash water ride
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
Perfect Gym Solutions is a software as a service (SaaS) solution purpose-built to service the fitness industry, with over 1000 clients servicing over 2 million gym members across 40 countries making…read more
Hadley Australia and Series Australia Pty Ltd are the leading quality theatre chair manufacturers in the southern hemisphere. The businesses work closely with architects, interior designers and…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!