Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
Narrandera Shire Council receives Local Government Award for Lake Talbot Water Park redevelopment
Narrandera Shire Council has been announced as the winner of the 2021 NSW Local Government Professionals Excellence Award, for ‘Asset and Project’ budget over $1.5 million and population under 100,000 for the Lake Talbot Water Park redevelopment.
This prestigious award acknowledges the significant works carried out at the facility including:
- Removal of two old slides, replaced with two racer slides and a twisting open slide each with exit flumes.
- Demolition of all previous pool areas including the 50-metre pool, Rampage pool, Island pool, toddler pool and slide pool.
- Replacement of pools with modifications including wet decking and the Island pool with the hugely successful splash park area.
- Construction of a new pump house and filtration system to improve water quality and solar systems to heat the 50-metre and middle pools.
- Construction of a toddler pool with zero entry and shade cover.
- Construction of a pool level, accessible changeroom, toilets and shower facility.
- A pram ramp from the top entry to pool level.
- A disability access ramp into the 50-meter pool.
- New shading areas and structures which also houses the solar panels.
This category included 10 finalists offering impressive and competitive submissions from Albury City, Blayney Shire, Clarence Valley, Forbes Shire, Goulburn Mulwaree, Lane Cove City, Mid-Coast, Norfolk Island Regional and Tamworth Regional Councils.
The Council acknowledge the support and contribution from a range of stakeholders who brought the project to fruition from concept to delivery:
- Contractors Total Creations and Services, who carried out the significant works during the COVID-19 pandemic with restricted resources and a tight timeline. Their work ensured the facility was able to open for the duration of summer with some pool access which increased through a three-stage process as works were finalised.
- Pool lessee’s Troy and Dycinta Lee who worked with and around the contractors to ensure a smooth worksite and who undertook the major task of learning the new systems in place.
- The many local sub-contractors who assisted or carried out works at the facility.
- The Council infrastructure team who worked closed with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the project outcome delivered a facility of the highest quality which has exceeded all expectations and increased regional tourism to Narrandera through the facility’s open months, providing strong economic advantages to local businesses and accommodation providers.
- The community stakeholder group who provided clear and constructive feedback at each of the community engagement sessions, which allowed Council to make revisions and improvements to the facility as the project progressed, and to the public who provided feedback at various points through the project timeline.
Announcing his pleasure at the Shire’s accolade for our Shire and offering his congratulations to everyone involved in the project, Narrandera Shire Mayor Neville Kschenka stated “it is through this dedication and support that Narrandera Shire Council is able to deliver large-scale works, to provide our community and region with a truly outstanding facility for everyone to enjoy.”
Images: The redeveloped Lake Talbot Water Park redevelopment (top, credit ) and winning representatives of Narrandera Shire Council and Total Creations and Services. Back row (from left): Simon McLean, Total Creations; Ray McLean, Total Creations; Shane Wilson, Deputy General Manager Infrastructure, Narrandera Shire Council and Mark McLean Total Creations. , Front row (from left): George Cowan, General Manager, Narrandera Shire Council; Fred Hammer, Manager Project and Assets; Narrandera Shire Council, Narrandera Shire Council Mayor Neville Kschenka.
23rd October 2020 - Redeveloped Murray Bridge Swimming Centre set for season opening
2nd September 2020 - Life Floor improves underfoot safety at Gold Coast’s Beach Haven Resort
27th May 2020 - Life Floor enhances beach entry at Sunshine Leisure Centre
12th February 2020 - Royal Life Saving ACT to stage lakeside family event to promote water safety
12th December 2019 - Cabarita Beach tops expanded list of Australia’s best beach of 2019
23rd December 2016 - River Murray shacks submerged as floodwaters peak
9th June 2016 - ARV releases guidelines for managing outdoor seasonal pools
4th May 2015 - Outdoor seasonal pools under ongoing threats
13th August 2014 - Curtain falls on Morundah’s pig shed performing arts venue
25th November 2012 - Industry celebrated at 2012 NSW Tourism Awards
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as Vivaticket Pty Ltd. Vivaticket is the ideal strategic partner for the organisation and management of your…read more
With industry leading solutions in design and durability you can improve your facilities with our access control operations, payment systems and flexible personal locker storage solutions. Your…read more
The P.A. People is a specialist integrator and contractor in sound reinforcement, audio visual systems, performance lighting and production communications. Over its almost 50 year history the company…read more
Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!