Museums Bathurst gets brand launch
With the opening of the Bathurst Rail Museum to the public on Saturday 22nd February, Museums Bathurst is the new name and brand encompassing all Bathurst Regional Council owned museums.
Mayor of Bathurst Bobby Bourke said the initiative will align opening and closing times for Council-run museums advising “the operating hours at the existing museums have been adjusted with each of the facilities closing one day per week on different days to facilitate back of housework to be undertaken.
“New ticketing options will also provide affordable flexible options for locals and visitors.”
The initiative involves the development of the Museums Bathurst website which will provide a one stop shop for information on all of Council's museums such as operating hours, ticketing, events and activities. The site, which is currently in development, will include links to other local museums and cultural facilities.
Museums Bathurst includes:
- Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum
- National Motor Racing Museum
- Chifley Home and Education Centre
- Bathurst Rail Museum, and
- Central Tablelands Collections Facility (when constructed)
New operating hours
- Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum 9am to 4.30pm closed Wednesdays
- National Motor Racing Museum 9am to 4.30pm closed Tuesdays
- Chifley Home and Education Centre two tours 11.30 and 1.00pm closed Thursdays
- Bathurst Rail Museum 9am to 4.30pm closed Thursdays
- Museum Pass covers single entry to all museums and is valid for two weeks and offers 10% discount on retail items excluding the Rail Museum Café Adult $45 Concession $30 Family $105 Child (school age) $21
- Annual Membership Single Museum Covers annual entry to one of the four museums including 10% discount on retail items excluding Rail Café and 10% discount entry for visiting friends and relatives Adult $50 Concession $40 Family $100 Child (school age) $25
- Annual Membership All Museums
- Covers entry for all four museums including 10% discount on retail items excluding Rail Café and 10% discount entry for visiting friends and relatives Adult $150 Concession $120 Family $300 Child (school age) $75.
- Single entry to each museum is also available.
Image: National Motor Racing Museum courtesy of Visit NSW.
23rd December 2019 - City of Sydney and Sydney Living Museums to install new public art installation
10th November 2019 - Museums Victoria to phase out unhealthy drink options
9th March 2018 - Free entry initiative sees record attendance at Hong Kong museums
7th March 2017 - New energy partnership to drive greener museums
17th January 2017 - Senior ABC executive to head Museums Victoria
30th November 2016 - Singapore museums attract record 3.7 million visits in 2015
28th June 2016 - Free entry draws crowds to Sydney’s museums
21st May 2016 - Christchurch Art Gallery website scoops major museums award
7th October 2015 - Free child entry drives rise in holiday visits to Sydney museums
28th May 2015 - Mosman Art Gallery wins top museums and galleries award
5th May 2015 - Call for further investment in Qatar’s museums
14th March 2015 - Museums Australia welcomes new National Director
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Otium Planning Group is a contemporary sport and leisure consultancy providing services in planning, facility development, management and funding for the sport, recreation and leisure industries…read more
Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
Known as Hydrilla since September 2020 - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/hydrilla-pty-ltdread more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!