Latest News

Back to Latest News back

 

Live Nation gets approval for Vector Arena purchase

Live Nation gets approval for Vector Arena purchase
September 7, 2015

New Zealand's Overseas Investment Office has cleared the purchase of Auckland’s 12,000-seat Vector Arena by Live Nation NZ and MHC Investments.

Live Nation NZ and MHC are now free to purchase all the shares of EVENZ, the owner of NZ Venue & Event Management, which in turn is the beneficiary of the QPAM trust that owns and operates Vector Arena.

Live Nation NZ is indirectly 70% owned by New York Stock Exchange-listed Live Nation Entertainment, one of the world's largest producers of live music, with the remaining 30% owned by MHC, an investment vehicle of concert promoter Michael Coppel and Michelle Coppel.

The purchasers have suggested that by owning Vector Arena they can deliver more major acts, that might previously have been financially marginal, to New Zealand.

In a statement on the sale, the Overseas Investment Office explained “the applicants are acquiring Vector Arena as part of an Australasian expansion strategy and plan to leverage their position in the live music industry to increase the frequency and scale of shows at Vector Arena.

"The applicants consider that owning Vector Arena will make bringing previously marginal/uneconomic shows to New Zealand possible.”

Vector Arena was constructed and is operated under a development agreement with Auckland Council-controlled Regional Facilities Auckland.

Under the terms of a development agreement the venue must be transferred back to Auckland Council after 40 years.

23rd March 2015 - PERTH STADIUM MANAGEMENT GETS INDUSTRY LAUNCH

22nd April 2014 - NCR VENUE MANAGER SET TO ENHANCE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AT VECTOR ARENA

22nd April 2010 - LIVE NATION LAUNCHES AUSTRALIAN CONCERT BUSINESS

4th January 2010 - VECTOR ARENA ONE OF BUSIEST VENUES OF ITS SIZE


Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?

The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.

However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.

Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.

Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.

Click here to subscribe.

 

supplier directory

The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.

See the directory see all

THE FITNESS GENERATION

The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/

read more

Fitness / Technology / Wellness

 
 

Humanforce

Humanforce is a global provider of workforce management solutions for companies who need flexibility to manage complex workforces. Companies use Humanforce to manage everything from time and…

read more

Hospitality / Retail / Technology / Venues

 
 

MYRTHA POOLS

Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…

read more

Aquatics / Design / Play / Waterparks / Wellness

 
 

METRA Australia

METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities.  Our team’s…

read more

Aquatics / Attractions / Fitness / Recreation / Security

 
 

ICP

ICP is an Australian-based company focused on indoor climbing. ICP will manage your project from initial design to completion and beyond, whether you're building an international-level climbing…

read more

Attractions / Fitness / Recreation

 
 

RHINOPLAY

Rhinoplay offers playground equipment in Australia that is safe, durable, and most importantly fun! We specialise in creating unique indoor playgrounds for play centres and outdoor playgrounds for…

read more

Parks / Play / Surfaces

 
 

Centaman Entrance Control

Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…

read more

Access / Entertainment / Sport / Ticketing / Venues

 
 

SLE WORLDWIDE AUSTRALIA PTY LTD

SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…

read more

Insurance / Venues

 
 
 
 

get listed with our suppliers directory

Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!

list your business