HTS Group Ltd provides a complete design, system integration, installation and maintenance package to the transportation, traffic engineering, parking and sports timing industries in New Zealand,…read more
Laurie Lawrence’s online resource aims to improve swim teaching around the world
An online swim training resource for swim schools and their teachers, developed by Olympic Gold Medal and World Champion Swim Coach, Laurie Lawrence, aims to improve the quality of swim teaching around the world.
Lawrence developed the World Wide Swim School (WWSS) platform in order to educate the swimming industry about safe water practices and to improve swimming standards on an international scale.
With a strong belief that swim schools and teachers should always be looking at ways to improve through continuous education and analysis, WWSS has proved online training is an efficient and convenient way for swim schools and teachers to get the training they need to succeed in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
WWSS’ Swim School Hub gives swim schools and teachers the competitive advantage through the renowned teaching practices of one of the world’s best in swim teaching and coaching practices. The Hub enables swim schools and teachers to access continual professional development that is aligned with industry guidelines.
A WWSS spokesperson advised “the logistics and time required to put together or attend training opportunities can be an overwhelming task but with (this) online training platform, anyone can access this training all over the world.”
Benefit 1 - Training Modules and Resources
• Over 50 Training modules
• Over 150 resources to support training modules – articles, videos, handouts, lesson plans
• New module and resource added every month
• All staff will be trained in the same skills and techniques
• Recognised by industry, aligned with industry best practice
• Training recognised for PD hours for licence renewal by AUSTSWIM and ASCTA.
• Individual Age Group Skills
• Infant and Preschoolers
• Group Teaching Methods
• Learn to Swim (4+ years)
• Stroke Development
• Lesson Plans
• Staff Development
Benefit 2 - Compliance Management
• Induct staff, store staff qualifications, set training tasks and automated reminders
• Simple reporting allows you to receive automated reports to monitor staff progress
• Staff receive automated emails to commence and complete allocated training and tasks
• Automated forms for staff induction, WHS and general swim school operations
Benefit 3 - One location, access anywhere
• Manage all your staff training and qualification records in one location – no need to house information across multiple locations
• Access anywhere through the web and on any device
Benefit 4 – Customised system that you manage
• You get to manage the set-up of new users, teams and allocation of specific training – you get to determine who and what is allocated from our library of over 200 modules and resources.
• We also customise your swim school platform to your swim school with logo and themes
Benefit 5 - Caters to Large Multi-Site Facilities and Single-site Operations
World Wide Swim School members range from large multi-site facilities such as Belgravia Leisure and Jump Swim Schools, through to single operator sites with small teams.
• Allocate training across all sites or make it site specific
• Allocate training to different teams ie infant teachers, school programs team, mini squad teachers
Benefit 6 – Value add-ons
• Swim School Member logo access for your use
• Listing on WWSS website
• Support from WWSS team
• Add-on features available to allow you to upload your own training content, documents and resources for your team to access.
Click here to contact World Wide Swim School through their entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
Image: Laurie Lawrence
21st November 2018 - PerfectGym releases dynamic Courses Module for Swim School Management
19th September 2018 - SwimDesk provides ongoing information resources for swim schools
30th July 2018 - AUSTSWIM slams forceful swim teaching techniques
7th September 2014 - Federal Government backs Laurie Lawrence’s anti-drowning initiative
7th December 2010 - Laurie Lawrence Shares tips for a Water-safe Summer
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
Hidroplay welcomes you to the exciting world of children's Playscapes, waterslide's and Water Attractions. Appealing to families, Hidroplay increases patronage in your facility during those…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!