Latest News

Back to Latest News back

 

Hong Kong Disneyland profits rise as visitor growth slows

Hong Kong Disneyland profits rise as visitor growth slows
March 17, 2015

Hong Kong Disneyland reported a HK$336 million (A$56.5 million) profit for the last financial year despite experiencing a slowdown in visitor growth.

The Resort, a joint venture between the Kong Kong Government and US-based Disney, achieved a profit rise, up by 36% on the previous year, which has been attributed to a rise in per capita guest spending trhough 2014.

Attendance at the attraction hit a record 7.5 million with a 12% increase in gross revenues of HK$5.47 billion.

Hotel occupancy was 93%, down from 94% the previous year due to renovations.

Commenting on the results, Hong Kong Disneyland Managing Director Andrew Kam, stated "three new themed areas - Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point - and the recently-launched ‘Disney Paint the Night’ night time spectacular have truly strengthened the appeal of HKDL as a world-class tourist destination."

The Hong Kong park is 52% owned by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government with The Walt Disney Company owning the remaining 48%.

In a separate joint venture Disney is currently building its first theme park in mainland China, in Shanghai. Opening of Shanghai Disney has recently been pushed back from a late 2015 start to an opening in the first half of 2016.

19th January 2015 - NEW DISNEY HOTEL UNDERLINES IMPORTANCE OF HONG KONG TOURISM

4th July 2014 - HONG KONG NEEDS NEW ATTRACTIONS AND VENUES

20th February 2014 - HONG KONG DISNEYLAND ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFITS, PLANS FOR THIRD HOTEL 

4th March 2013 - HONG KONG DISNEYLAND TO EXPAND WITH MARVEL SUPERHEROES ATTRACTION


Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?

The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.

However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.

Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.

Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.

Click here to subscribe.

 

supplier directory

The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.

See the directory see all

LINKS MODULAR SOLUTIONS

Links Modular Solutions are a leading provider of high-quality, innovative software solutions for leisure facilities. Our software suite includes modules such as POS, Classes, Members, Facility…

read more

Access / Billing / Finance / Fitness / Technology

 
 

Envibe

With its sleek good looks and easy-to-use yet powerful functionality, Envibe is the premium fitness club software for the Australasian leisure, recreation and fitness industry. We are the most…

read more

Aquatics / Fitness / Recreation / Technology

 
 

THE FITNESS GENERATION

The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/

read more

Fitness / Technology / Wellness

 
 

Enta Australasia

As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd.  Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing.  19th July 2018 - ENTA…

read more

Technology / Ticketing / Venues

 
 

The Jump Pad

The Jump Pad is a safe, flat inflatable made in a variety of sizes which can be used indoor or outdoor. From 3mx3m up to a whopping 9mx21m. Markets include Indoor and outdoor playgrounds, schools,…

read more

Attractions / Entertainment / Play

 
 

Clubware

Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…

read more

Access / Billing / Fitness / Recreation

 
 

TRISLEYS HYDRAULIC SERVICES

Trisley's Hydraulic Services P/L (THS) are a specialised pool company dealing with all aspects of the commercial swimming pool industry, including the installation and servicing from the smallest…

read more

Aquatics / Design / Play / Waterparks

 
 

GUNNEBO

Gunnebo is a global provider of security and access control solutions and services with sales companies in 31 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, the Americas and Australia.…

read more

Attractions / Entertainment / Security / Ticketing / Venues

 
 
 
 

get listed with our suppliers directory

Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!

list your business