Funding boost for South Australian events and festivals
Events throughout South Australia have been boosted through a South Australian Government program designed to drive more visitors to the State’s regions.
26 events and festivals have received support through the South Australian Tourism Commission’s Regional Events and Festivals Program, with funding also provided for a feasibility study in Clare.
Tourism Minister Leon Bignell encouraged South Australians to embrace the events and to spread the word to their friends and relatives, stating “we know that events and festivals are often the trigger for locals and visitors from interstate or overseas to head into our beautiful and diverse regions.
“They inject millions of dollars into local economies, support jobs, boost community pride and often encourage people to see familiar places with new eyes.
“Whether you’re keen to ride a mountain bike through the Flinders Ranges, admire roses in the Riverland, savour Barossa food and wine, or tee off on the Fleurieu Peninsula, you’ll find an event to enjoy.”
The Regional Events and Festivals Program helps events that generate a significant increase in visitation to South Australia and lift the profile of its tourism regions. Support is provided for marketing activities to increase each event’s profile and help generate an increase in tourism activity.
The program includes the Community Events Development Fund, which provides grants of up to $5,000 to smaller, community-based events with the potential to grow into tourism events.
Applications were assessed on their tourism value and relevance to their region’s brand and Destination Action Plan. Government strategic priorities including creating a vibrant city and promoting premium food and wine from our clean environment were also considered as part of the assessment process.
Recipients of funding through the 2014-15 Regional Events and Festivals Program are:
• Bay to Birdwood Run ($15,000) - Adelaide Hills - 28th September 2014
• Ceduna Oysterfest ($5,000) - Eyre Peninsula - 4th and 5th October 2014
• Coonawarra Cabernet Celebrations ($10,000) - Limestone Coast - 17th to 19th October 2014
• Adelaide Fashion Festival ($15,000) - Adelaide - 17th to 26th October 2014
• Renmark Rose Festival ($5,000) - Riverland - 17th to 26th October 2014
• Barossa Duathlon ($5,000) - Barossa - 14th September 2014
• Flinders Ranges Outback Epic Mountain Bike Race ($5,000) - Flinders Ranges & Outback - 1st November 2014
• Murray Man ($15,000) - Riverland - 9th November 2014
• Gorgeous Festival ($5,000) - Fleurieu Peninsula - 28th to 29th November 2014
• Bay Sheffield ($10,000) - Adelaide - 27th and 28th December 2014
• Coober Pedy Centenary ($15,000) - Flinders Ranges & Outback - throughout 2015
• Sounds by the River ($15,000) - Murray River, Lakes & Coorong - 17th January 2015
• Kangaroo Island Good Food & Wine Gourmet Gallop ($5,000) - Kangaroo Island - 24th January 2015
• Tunarama Festival ($15,000) - Eyre Peninsula - 23rd to 26th January 2015
• Crush ($15,000) - Adelaide Hills - 24th and 25th January 2015
• SA Wooden Boat Festival ($15,000) - Fleurieu Peninsula – 21st and 22nd February 2015
• Fork and Cork ($5,000) - Limestone Coast – 28th February 2015
• Barossa Vintage Festival ($20,000) - Barossa – 15th and 19th April 2015
• Fleurieu Peninsula Golf Championships ($10,000) - Fleurieu Peninsula – 7th to 10th April 2015 and April 2016
• Kangaroo Island FEASTival ($40,000) - Kangaroo Island - 2015
• Floatfest ($5,000) - Murray River, Lakes & Coorong - 2nd and 3rd May 2015
• Kernewek Lowender ($15,000) - Yorke Peninsula – 18th to 24th May 2015
• Clare Valley Gourmet Weekend ($15,000) - Clare Valley - May 2015
• Melrose Fat Tyre Festival ($15,000) - Flinders Ranges & Outback – 5th to 8th June 2015
• Winter Reds Cellar Door Wine Festival ($5,000) - Adelaide Hills - July 2015
• South Australian Living Artists Festival ($15,000) - Adelaide and regions - August 2015
• Clare Valley Cruise ($1,000) - Clare Valley - feasibility study
Click here for more information on events in South Australia.
21st September 2013 - SOUTH AUSTRALIA LACKS APPEAL FOR DOMESTIC VISITORS
28th May 2012 - BACKING FOR CREATIVE FESTIVALS IN REGIONAL AUSTRALIA
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Smart Connection Consultancy is a boutique sport and recreation consultancy who has become one of Australia’s leading advocates for the use of synthetic sports surfaces as a vehicle to grow…read more
Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…read more
iDwala is the Community Sports Surface Specialist offering the highest quality designs and technical expertise to Councils, Schools and Sporting Clubs looking to create sporting…read more
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!