As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Fitness First opens first Melbourne High Performance Club on Collins Street
Following the success of its high performance clubs in the Sydney CBD, Fitness First has opened its first Victorian High Performance Centre on Collins Street in Melbourne.
Designed through applying insights into the way athletes train and including innovations like the MoveLab where cameras and analysis software record an exerciser’s movements, functions and strength to provide an assessment and customised program, the High Performance Centre on Collins Street marks another milestone in the redevelopment of Fitness First clubs in developing a new generation of clubs with a focus on function and fun.
In introducing the new club, a Fitness First statement explains “we believe anyone can train like an athlete to reach their very best, either to meet their own personal fitness goals or to get an edge in life.
“At the Fitness First High Performance Club we’ll give you this edge.
“Based on exercise science, the club has the power to make you fitter, stronger, faster and leaner.
“Our Performance Coaches will work with you to unlock the benefits of training like an athlete through results focused, trackable, progress driven stages.”
The club offers a range of features including: free weights; ground base Hammer Strength training; Human Sport cable machines; Woodway performance treadmills; Cardio Conditioning; a 20 metre athletic track; high performance strength cages and training equipment; Olympic lifting platforms; group exercise and recovery studios and the MoveLab.
High Performance at Fitness First includes:
• The specially designed MoveLab
• A team of experts on hand to coach, motivate, support and analyse members’ training so theycan continue to progress and achieve your goals
• Assessment options to track performance including: Postural analysis, strength, speed and agility tests; lean muscle mass, bone density and body fat distribution
• Signature High Performance Group Training Classes to deliver you maximum results in minimum time through a range of circuit and strength and conditioning experiences
• Continued access to Group Fitness Classes with a new dedicated Recovery Studio to focus on stretching, release, and reconditioning programs
There are three key elements to Fitness First’s High Performance Centre:
• High Performance Score: All members will receive a score based on a combined score across strength (max and dynamic), condition (speed and agility) and power
• 360° Performance Analysis: A fully integrated analysis across four variables – Biology (body composition, metabolism, bone density), Conditioning (Aerobic Capacity), Strength (max strength & velocity) and Movement measured and recorded in our own MoveLab
• Skills & Drills
• High Performance Circuit
• High Performance Strength
• High Performance Conditioning
• 1 on 1 Personal Training
• Periodised HP Group Training
• 12 Week Program Review
The club is located at Level One, 546 Collins Street, Melbourne.
8th May 2015 - FITNESS FIRST AND REEBOK PARTNER ON FUNCTIONAL FITNESS
19th December 2014 - FITNESS FIRST LOOKS TO INSPIRATIONS FOR GYM GOERS IN 2015
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
HYPOXI® is one of Europe’s most successful health and weight loss studio concepts. It’s the first weight loss technology to incorporate exercise with advanced vacuum and…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
Life Fitness Cardio Life Fitness Strength Hammer Strength Group Cycling Rowers Certified Refurbished Freeweights Benches & Racks Flooring Life Fitness is the global leader in the fitness…read more
Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!