Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
Fitness and Health Expo to present the future of fitness
This year’s Fitness & Health Expo at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre is shaping up to be a showcase of some of the most interesting products the industry has ever seen with the biggest and newest brands in fitness set to display their latest inventions and developments.
Being held from Friday 29th April to Sunday 1st May, key developments and news products on display at the Expo include:
• The next level of indoor cycling. THE TRIP is a 45-minute sensory cycle experience merging virtual reality and exercise in an immersive fitness concept studio from Les Mills. THE TRIP uses digital projection on cinema size screens to create new worlds to cycle through. Participants might climb the side of an impossibly steep glacier, chase futuristic riders, sprint across lava flows or ride through a space age city.
• Virtual PT. Not all clubs can justify a huge staff of personal trainers but the benefits of correct technique for clients are endless. In steps the Virtual Personal Trainer from Versus with a high tech solution. The exercise stations correct user technique, monitoring movements and displaying helpful improvements and warnings on-screen. It even counts their reps for them. It can monitor a range of activities from bodyweight exercises like squats and lunges to dumbbell and kettlebell work.
• Treadmill upgrade. Technogym’s SKILLMILL is a non-motorised product athat llows the user to move in any direction – forwards, backwards, sideways – and at any speed or intensity level, from a sprint or high resistance sled-pushin full forward lean position to a cool down walk. Inspired by the way athletestrain, it’s designed to improve power, speed, stamina and agility.
• Fashionable fitness clubs. Why sell mainstream clothing brands to your clients when you can sell your own line of fitnesswear and create a new marketing opportunity for your gym or PT business? That’s the philosophy behind the new SLY Active range of fitnesswear. Using the latest sports fabric, you can create your own, branded fitness fashion label that will convert your clients into walking billboards for your business.
• Super safe bench press. In previous models of bench press machines, it has been very hard for the user to start the movement, with a risk of stress on the ligaments and tendons of the shoulders. A new Super Horizontal Bench Press has been designed by Panatta, which has added an adjustable, first-of-its-kind starting position. This allows the user to begin at the correct starting point for their body type, protecting their shoulders. It’s also biomechanically designed for the natural human movement, with the load only placed on the pectoral muscles.
• The gym heads outside. Once upon a time trainers had a choice as to whether to train clients indoors on gym machines or run an outdoor class focusing on cardio, bodyweight exercises and other activities with any equipment you could manage to cart with you. Now, this first-of-its-kind 360gym offers fully portable outdoor gyms that allow a huge array of indoor gym machine exercises, for example bench press, lateral pulldowns and barbell squats at any outdoor location, from the park to the beachside.
• Bulk up protein powder sales. Automate the sale of nutrition products through a vending machine with Worldwide Vending & Refrigeration’s locker vending solution that can increase the 24/7 self-serve concept to larger, bulkier products.
Expo Director Shaun Krenz believes that this is an exciting time for the industry and for consumers looking for the latest in fitness ideas, equipment and fashion.
Krenz explains “this is where the newest ideas in fitness come to life. We’re seeing not only new ideas but also twists and improvements on existing products and activities as fitness brands drive to create better, more efficient workouts and tools and compete in the incredibly competitive and ever-changing fitness space.”
For those working in the industry, entry is free if you pre-register online and provide the appropriate identification.
Click here for more information on 2016 Australian Fitness & Health Expo in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
10th February 2016 - TECHNOGYM LAUNCHES NEW SOLUTION FOR ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE TRAINING
27th January 2016 - 2016 FITNESS & HEALTH EXPO TO POWER THE BUSINESS OF FITNESS
11th December 2015 - FILEX FITNESS CONVENTION TO OFFER NEW FEATURES IN 2016
11th April 2014 - VENDING GOES HEALTHY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Hidroplay welcomes you to the exciting world of children's Playscapes, waterslide's and Water Attractions. Appealing to families, Hidroplay increases patronage in your facility during those…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
Trisley's Hydraulic Services P/L (THS) are a specialised pool company dealing with all aspects of the commercial swimming pool industry, including the installation and servicing from the smallest…read more
Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 30 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
Mattioli provides award winning painting, flooring and waterproofing services to the aquatics and recreation sector. We’re recognised as the leading contractor in the industry with award-winning…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!