Rhinoplay offers playground equipment in Australia that is safe, durable, and most importantly fun! We specialise in creating unique indoor playgrounds for play centres and outdoor playgrounds for…read more
Australian Libraries in Focus
To coincide with Library and Information Week (being held from 19th to 25th May), the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has released data on library usage in Australia. Under the theme 'Libraries are for everyone', the ABS report that:
• 46% of Australians aged over 18 years visited a library in 2006.
• After going to the cinema, libraries were the second most attended cultural venue or event in 2006.
• Almost two-thirds (65%) of Australians aged 15 and over who had visited a library during the 12-month period 2005/06 had visited more than six times during that period, including 25% who had visited more than 20 times.
• Females were more likely than males to visit a library - their attendance rate was 41%, compared with 27% for males.
• 55% (1,467,500) of children visited a public library outside of school hours in 2005/06.
• 74% (1,984,000) of children read for pleasure in April 2006. While 80% of girls read for pleasure during the same period, only 69% of boys did so.
• 72,600 Australians reported unpaid involvement in libraries and archives in April 2007.
• Federal and State and Territory Government funding for libraries in 2005/06 was $394.0 million. This was a national average of $19.95 per person.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Sports Padding At Rae-Line we manufacture high quality sports padding, gym mats, foam mats and protective padding, suitable for a range of different facilities. Our sports padding is…read more
Ecoline is a highly experienced and skilled company that offers world-first technology in safety, protects the environment and provides a unique and challenging custom-made adventure and educational…read more
PulseTec Solutions is a leading provider of software systems and solutions to the health and fitness industry for more than a decade. Our key products and services include ClientConnect studio and…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
Lander & Rogers' Sports Business Group is the leading sports law practice in Australia, representing over 150 national and international sporting bodies. Our clients include international…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!