AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
Asia Fitness Convention 2012 to inspire ‘transformation’
Regarded as Asia's premier health and fitness event, the Asia Fitness Convention (AFC), is being held for the fourth consecutive year in Thailand from 19th to 21st October.
Following on its growing success over the past three years, this year's theme of 'Inspiration + Passion = Transformation', will have a line-up of world-class fitness and health experts who are living testaments of the theme.
• Peter Twist, one of the most successful trainers and performance coaches of all-time who has himself overcome cancer;
• 'Mr Retention' Paul Brown, the the leading authority on client retention in aquatics, fitness and recreation, Paul is feature speaker and will deliver the closing keynote address (Paul writes on Managing Change in the September/October 2012 issue of Australasian Leisure Management);
• Steve Cotter, a world-renowned martial artist and strength and conditioning specialist; and Dr. Emily Splichal, a human movement specialist, expert lecturer and TV personality who has appeared several times on the Oprah Winfrey Show, to name but a few of the over 40 renowned international presenters.
Session streams include Equipment Trends, Program Design, Training for Fitness, Training for Performance, Training Post-Rehabilitation, Mindful Movement, Nutrition and Weight Management, Business and Self-Management.
Highlights of AFC 2012 will include the Asian debut of Parkour (or free running), a training method for the body and mind which focuses on rational movement in both the natural and urban environments by moving around obstacles with speed and efficiency, Physique 57, an innovative workout program that combines isometric exercises and orthopedic stretches to systematically lengthen and sculpt muscles in order to create a beautiful, lean body, and the first-ever Fitness Idol Contest, a competition for delegates with a chance to be "discovered" as a future presenter of AFC 2013.
The event organisers are committed to developing the Asian fitness industry by improving standards and enabling professional development in individuals and organisations.
The Asia Fitness Convention:
• Presents a platform for participants to connect with the latest innovations in training philosophies and approaches, nutrition and equipment;
• Provides an opportunity for participants to experience first-hand the value of excellence in performance, friendship and respect; and
• Creates a holistic learning experience for participants by bringing together the right blend of activity, learning, networking and relaxation.
The 2012 Asia Fitness Convention is being held at the Dusit Thani Hotel, Pattaya.
28th July 2011 - EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION SET TO CLOSE FOR ASIA FITNESS CONVENTION
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Supreme Heating is a proud Australian owned company specialising in the latest energy efficient heating solutions. Since 1990, Supreme Heating has designed and installed commercial pool heating…read more
Fitness On Demand™ is a market-leading developer of virtual group fitness products. Our innovative video delivery systems offer robust content and a simple-to-use, comprehensive web app. Fitness…read more
Vlocker Pty Ltd has been designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing locker systems worldwide since 1995. Vlocker specialises in providing locker solutions to suit client requirements in…read more
AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
Pico is a global leader in Total Brand Activation. We specialise in engaging people, creating experiences and activating brands. Leveraging a track record in experience design that spans half a…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!