The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Greater Shepparton initiative wins top honour at inaugural Sport, Recreation & Play Industry Awards
Greater Shepparton City Council’s Sporting Chance community grant scheme has been recognised as the Overall Winner at the inaugural Australian Sport, Recreation and Play Industry Awards.
The Awards, presented at the 2016 National Sports Convention, recognised achievement and innovation that has promoted and encouraged more people to play, recreate and participate in sport.
Presented in six categories, each category winner received a trophy and $1,000 cash award with the Overall Innovations Award receiving a $5,000 Award from FieldTurfTarkett.
The finalists in each category were:
1. Programs, Activities and Events: (Collaborated with: Community Sport Australia)
Programs, activities and events that have been developed to encourage the community to be more active in large number:
Winner - Greater Shepparton City Council - Sporting Chance - Community Grant Scheme
• YMCA (Victoria) - Active Moreland - Weeklong Expo and Get Active Program
• Sunshine Coast Council - Heart Week 2016 - Weeklong Health Promotion Expo
2. Sports Turf (Collaborated with: Sports and Play Industry Association):
Innovative solutions that encourage greater intensity and durability of natural or synthetic sports fields in a manner that allows for greater usage:
Winner - SportEng - Deakin University - Multisport Precinct Development
• Hornsby Shire Council - Pennant Hills Park, Oval No.3 - Synthetic Field Development
3. Technological Solutions and Products (Collaborated with Australian Sports Technology Network and Sponsored by: JassTech Solutions)
The Business to Business or the Business to Consumer markets that encourage more people to play sport or be active:
Winner - GOALRILLA Australia - GOALRILLA Basketball - Arena style basketball system for home and sport
• Thinkrelativity - revolutionise360 - cloud based online platform for peak bodies of sport
• Tennis Victoria - Opening Up Tennis - linking on line bookings to access and lights
Designs and developments that encourage more children to play, have fun and be active:
Winner - Rhinoplay - CUBE - Innovative play system
• Parkequip Pty Ltd - Deception Bay Aquatic & Fitness Cent - Aquatic play pad
• City of Greater Geelong - Queens Park Playground - A playground in the trees
5. Marketing and Communication (Collaborated with Australasian Leisure Management)
Packaging and communication of an opportunity in a manner that has encouraged more people to be active:
Winner - Warrnambool City Council - CONNECT Warrnambool - Changing the way clubs and community connect
• CloudeNotes - CloudeNotes - communication tools organizations managing Children in clubs and at venues
• APTA / Melos GmbH - Ready to Build for Sport and playgrounds
6. Facility Design and Development
Innovative design and management that creates and environment where more people are active, (built and natural environments):
Winner - City of Boroondara - Ashburton Pool - Pool Pod Development and Installation
• k20 Architecture - Ballarat Regional Sports Park Design and Development
• Ipswich City Council - Redbank Plains Sports Field and Water harvesting Project
Image: Greater Shepparton City Council’s Sporting Chance initiative (top) and winners at the Awards (below).
15th June 2016 - MASSIVE INDUSTRY COLLABORATION AT NATIONAL SPORTS CONVENTION 2016
17th February 2016 - SHEPPARTON CONFERENCE TO FOCUS ON ROLE OF SPORT IN BRINGING ABOUT SOCIAL CHANGE
31st October 2013 - BOROONDARA SPORTS FACILITIES TO BENEFIT FROM $3.1 MILLION FUNDING BOOST
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
Mattioli provides award winning painting, flooring and waterproofing services to the aquatics and recreation sector. We’re recognised as the leading contractor in the industry with award-winning…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
Activating skyscapes for tourism, art, leisure and living TouchCloud Global (TCg) is a highly specialised international consultancy, broker and principal, devoted solely to activating and energising…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!