The Jump Pad is a safe, flat inflatable made in a variety of sizes which can be used indoor or outdoor. From 3mx3m up to a whopping 9mx21m. Markets include Indoor and outdoor playgrounds, schools,…read more
Agenda released for 2014 Asia Pacific World Sport and Women conference
The program for the 2014 Asia Pacific World Sport and Women (APWSW) conference has been released.
To be held at the Sydney Cricket Ground on the 27th and 28th October 2014, the 2nd Biennial APWSW conference will consider the business of women in sport featuring esteemed speakers from a cross-section of backgrounds from grass roots to professional athletes.
The two-day forum will provide attendees practical insights and solutions to attract, engage and retain women in all aspects of sport.
Responding to a growing industry and community demand to strengthen the representation of women across all aspects of sport, the APWSW is set to discuss, develop and demand ways that women in sport can gain the same media coverage, sponsorship dollars, representation on boards and placement in senior roles as their male counterparts.
Speakers at the APWSW conference include:
• Stephanie Brantz, Presenter, ABC
• Layne Beachley, Director of Aim For The Stars Foundation
• Deidre Anderson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Students and Registrar, Macquarie University and President, Australian Womensport and Recreation Association
• David Gallop, Chief Executive, Football Federation Australia
• Bill Pulver, Chief Executive, Australian Rugby Union
• Radek Sali, Chief Executive, Swisse
• Mark Anderson, Chief Executive, Swimming Australia
• Nicola A Stokes, Chief Executive, Special Olympics Australia
• Anthony Everard, Senior Manager Big Bash League, Cricket Australia
• Lisa Sthalekar, Former International Cricketer & Executive Member, Australian Cricketers Association
• Erica Berchtold, Managing Director - Sports Retailing, Super Retail Group
• Karen Lunn, Executive Director, Australian Ladies Professional Golf
• Monique Hanley, Executive Board Member, Cycling Victoria and Chair, Cycling Australia Women's Commission
• Jack Watts, Managing Director, Bastion EBA
• Karen Stocks, Managing Director, Twitter Australia
• Samantha Reid, Vice Chair, Women of Australian Motor Sport Committee
• Michele Levine, Chief Executive Officer, Roy Morgan Research
• Mark Peters, Chief Executive, Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation
• Mo'onia Gerrard, NSW Swifts and the Australian Diamonds
• Helen Brownlee, Vice President, Australian Olympic Committee
• Marne Fechner, Chief Executive, Netball World Cup
• Heather Reid, Chief Executive Officer, Capital Football and Canberra United
• Peter Wermuth, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Baseball League
• Phill Nosworthy, Managing Director of Switch Inc.
• Jane Russo, Director, Touch Football Australia
• Claire Braund, Executive Director Women on Boards Australia and Director Women on Boards UK
• Helen Soulsby, Director - Asia, Sports Recruitment International
• Catriona Tweedie, International Beach Volleyball Referee
• Kitty Chiller, Chef de Mission, Australian Olympic Team, Rio 2016; Executive Board Member, Australian Olympic Committee and President, Modern Pentathlon Australia
• Sam Bramham OAM, Paralympian and Health and Education Coordinator, Disability Sport and Recreation
• Kathryn Cotsopoulos, Talent Agent, Stride Sport Management
• Dr. Johanna Adriaanse, Co-Chair International Working Group on Women and Sport (IWG); University of Technology, Sydney
The APWSW conference is anticipated to bring together 600 representatives from international and national sports governing bodies, sporting associations, athletes, coaches, corporate partners and all practitioners in the sporting world, to discuss how to increase women’s involvement in the business of sport from grassroots participation to board level representation.
Click here to register or to find out more about the event.
7th July 2014 - Women are ‘second class citizens’ in sport
22nd May 2014 - Asia Pacific World Sport and Women Conference moves to Sydney
9th October 2012 - New Zealand plan to get more women on to the boards of sport organisations
21st May 2010 - Ellis Releases Report on Gender, Sport and Media
9th March 2010 - Registrations open for Women and Sport Conference
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Since 1989 Elite Pool Covers have designed and manufactured an extensive range of high quality affordable manual,semi-automatic and fully-automatic pool cover systems for the harsh Australian…read more
Lander & Rogers' Sports Business Group is the leading sports law practice in Australia, representing over 150 national and international sporting bodies. Our clients include international…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
Mattioli provides award winning painting, flooring and waterproofing services to the aquatics and recreation sector. We’re recognised as the leading contractor in the industry with award-winning…read more
Sports Padding At Rae-Line we manufacture high quality sports padding, gym mats, foam mats and protective padding, suitable for a range of different facilities. Our sports padding is…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!