Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
AALARA 2012 set to bring industry leaders together
The 2012 Australian Amusement, Leisure and Recreation Association (AALARA) conference is set to commence on the Gold Coast on Monday, presenting four days of learning and inspiration relating to the future of the Australian attractions industry.
Being held at the Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise from 14th to 17th May, the conference program includes key note presentations by business leaders that will provide insight into the successful business practices and philosophies behind both large and small attractions.
The conference also presents opportunities to learn the latest information on the Government legislation (new Australian Standards, Modern Awards and National Plant Regulations for amusements), gain access to business leaders and learn the latest trends in products, rides, information and innovation in 2012.
The Conference Program includes:
• It's All about Fun! Presented by Will Morey; International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) Vice Chairman and President & Chief Executive of Morey's Pier and Beachfront Waterparks, New Jersey, USA;
• Magic Behind the Curtain - Disney Parks & Resorts. Presented by Noble Coker, Vice President for Park Operations, Hong Kong Disneyland and Resort;
• Brand Partnering in the Attractions and Events Industry. Presented by Hamish Turner, Chief Executive, CEO R.M. Williams Pty Ltd;
• How much? Setting Prices for your attraction and the Impact of Technology on Ticketing Strategies. Presented by Tony Hood, Director, William Buck (VIC) Pty Ltd
• Building an Online 'Presence'- Social Media v2.0. Presented by Andy McCutcheon, Senior Internet Marketing Consultant, Reach Local Australia;
• Marketing and Group Sales - Developing, Implementing, Tracking and Growing Group Sales for your Business. Presented by Tim Newman-Morris, Director of Lollipops Playlands & Cafe Franchising Australia and Annette Pearce, Director of Sales, Village Roadshow Theme Parks;
• Jamberoo Action Park - A Case Study - Strategic Planning Strategies and Management. Presented by Jim Eddy, Managing Director, Jamberoo Action Park
• Human Resources and Industrial Relations update. Presented by Mark Bunch, Partner, Aitken Legal
• A Case Study in Marketing and Business Development of a Small Attraction. Presented by Andrew Sharry, General Manager, Sky Point;
• Increasing your 'Per Cap' spend through Mobile Vending in Attractions. Presented by John Gaudin, General Manager Food and Beverage, Dreamworld, White Water World and Skypoint;
• Retail Merchandising for Attractions. Presented by Alan Schauder, Insights Director, Merchant Wise;
• Lessons from Losses - The Liability of Leisure. Presented by Marianne Emerson, Proclaim Management Solutions;
• Succession Planning for Family Attractions and Amusement Business. Presented by Phillip Hammon and Anthea Hammon, Co Managing Directors, Scenic World Blue Mountains
Breakout Industry Forums
• Aquatics Industry
• Go Karting Industry
• Laser Tag and Laser Skirmish Industry
The AALARA Annual General Meeting will be held at the conference at 4pm on Wednesday 16th May.
The event will allow delegates to learn business practices by day and be entertained by night at networking including Barefoot Bowling, afternoon networking drinks by the pool, AALARA gala dinner and after party at Cristel's lounge bar on the closing night of the conference
There is thrilling site tour program on Thursday 17th May including visits to all the latest attractions on the Gold Coast including the latest attractions at Dreamworld, Movie World and Wet'n'Wild Water World.
Image: Gold Coast attraction SkyPoint
25th February 2012 - AALARA RELEASES 2012 CONFERENCE PROGRAM
11th May 2011 - AALARA BOARD ELECTS TONY LINES AS NEW PRESIDENT
26th November 2009 - DREAMWORLD OWNERS BUYS Q DECK
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Links Modular Solutions are a leading provider of high-quality, innovative software solutions for leisure facilities. Our software suite includes modules such as POS, Classes, Members, Facility…read more
Life Fitness Cardio Life Fitness Strength Hammer Strength Group Cycling Rowers Certified Refurbished Freeweights Benches & Racks Flooring Life Fitness is the global leader in the fitness…read more
AIS Water, the trading name of Australian Innovative Systems, is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators…read more
Since 1989 Elite Pool Covers have designed and manufactured an extensive range of high quality affordable manual,semi-automatic and fully-automatic pool cover systems for the harsh Australian…read more
Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!