Vlocker Pty Ltd has been designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing locker systems worldwide since 1995. Vlocker specialises in providing locker solutions to suit client requirements in…read more
2016 Sports Without Borders Summit to focus on change in sport clubs and communities
The 2016 Sports Without Borders Summit will focus on the power of an individual to create change in sport clubs and communities.
To be held on Friday 6th May at Moonee Ponds Racecourse Function Centre in Melbourne, the Summit aims to help delegates understand how to be an ethical sports player, volunteer or administrator without compromising a winning spirit, to learn the best practice of sports governance, to identify the challenges of change management and discover the all important trends in community sports.
The Summit, hosted by Our Community and Sports Without Borders, will bring presentations from sportspeople, club officials, volunteers, policymakers, government funders, government and local government workers, peak bodies, and sports administrators each of whom will explain how to make sport inclusive and to progress more socially just and vibrant communities.
Speakers at the event include:
• James Demetriou - Co-founder and Chair, Sports Without Borders
• Rochelle Eime - Associate Professor, Faculty of Health, Federation University; Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, Victoria University
• Carmel Guerra OAM - Chief Executive, Centre for Multicultural Youth
• Dr Ruth Jeanes - Senior Lecturer, Sport and Community Development, Faculty of Education, Monash University
• Paul Kennedy - Host of ABC Contact Sport and ABC Breakfast
• Beverly Knight - Indigenous sport trail blazer
• Francis Leach - Broadcaster, Journalist, Writer, host of ABC Grandstand Breakfast
• Dr Simon Longstaff AO - Ethicist, Philosopher, Chief Executive, The Ethics Centre
• Ron Murray - Didgeridoo soloist, cultural educator and storyteller
• Dr Paul Oliver - Director, Oliver & Thompson Consulting
• Tanya Oziel - Managing Director, SportsConnect; Founder, AFL Peace Team
• Angela Pippos - Journalist, TV and Radio Presenter, MC Extraordinaire
• Julie-Ann Rose - Community Adviser and Educationalist, Institute of Community Directors Australia
• Ramon Spaaij - Associate Professor, College of Sport and Exercise Science and leader, Sport in Society Research Program in ISEAL.
First staged in 2011, the Sports Without Borders National Community Sports Conference provides an innovative platform to promote Social Inclusion Through Sports (SITS) for groups, local government and state government agencies, who work in, play or administer sport and/or are involved in the community. Backed by Our Community, the conference focuses on Australia’s disadvantaged groups, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), all abilities and Indigenous communities along with women.
Click here to view event details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
29th May 2015 - NETBALL AUSTRALIA COMMITS TO RECONCILIATION ACTION PLAN
27th May 2013 - SPORT STARS UNITE TO STAMP RACISM OUT OF SPORT
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976, and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of…read more
Solar Pool Heating & Swimming Pool Covers since 1974. Sunbather offer an Australian made product which undergoes continual development to enable you to trust in the Sunbather brand. We deliver a…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Supreme Heating is a proud Australian owned company specialising in the latest energy efficient heating solutions. Since 1990, Supreme Heating has designed and installed commercial pool heating…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!