Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
2016 Sports Without Borders Summit to focus on change in sport clubs and communities
The 2016 Sports Without Borders Summit will focus on the power of an individual to create change in sport clubs and communities.
To be held on Friday 6th May at Moonee Ponds Racecourse Function Centre in Melbourne, the Summit aims to help delegates understand how to be an ethical sports player, volunteer or administrator without compromising a winning spirit, to learn the best practice of sports governance, to identify the challenges of change management and discover the all important trends in community sports.
The Summit, hosted by Our Community and Sports Without Borders, will bring presentations from sportspeople, club officials, volunteers, policymakers, government funders, government and local government workers, peak bodies, and sports administrators each of whom will explain how to make sport inclusive and to progress more socially just and vibrant communities.
Speakers at the event include:
• James Demetriou - Co-founder and Chair, Sports Without Borders
• Rochelle Eime - Associate Professor, Faculty of Health, Federation University; Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living, Victoria University
• Carmel Guerra OAM - Chief Executive, Centre for Multicultural Youth
• Dr Ruth Jeanes - Senior Lecturer, Sport and Community Development, Faculty of Education, Monash University
• Paul Kennedy - Host of ABC Contact Sport and ABC Breakfast
• Beverly Knight - Indigenous sport trail blazer
• Francis Leach - Broadcaster, Journalist, Writer, host of ABC Grandstand Breakfast
• Dr Simon Longstaff AO - Ethicist, Philosopher, Chief Executive, The Ethics Centre
• Ron Murray - Didgeridoo soloist, cultural educator and storyteller
• Dr Paul Oliver - Director, Oliver & Thompson Consulting
• Tanya Oziel - Managing Director, SportsConnect; Founder, AFL Peace Team
• Angela Pippos - Journalist, TV and Radio Presenter, MC Extraordinaire
• Julie-Ann Rose - Community Adviser and Educationalist, Institute of Community Directors Australia
• Ramon Spaaij - Associate Professor, College of Sport and Exercise Science and leader, Sport in Society Research Program in ISEAL.
First staged in 2011, the Sports Without Borders National Community Sports Conference provides an innovative platform to promote Social Inclusion Through Sports (SITS) for groups, local government and state government agencies, who work in, play or administer sport and/or are involved in the community. Backed by Our Community, the conference focuses on Australia’s disadvantaged groups, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), all abilities and Indigenous communities along with women.
Click here to view event details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
29th May 2015 - NETBALL AUSTRALIA COMMITS TO RECONCILIATION ACTION PLAN
27th May 2013 - SPORT STARS UNITE TO STAMP RACISM OUT OF SPORT
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
Felton Industries is Australia’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of quality outdoor furniture and has been supplying premium seating solutions for all sporting, commercial, community…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!