Perfect Gym Solutions is a software as a service (SaaS) solution purpose-built to service the fitness industry, with over 1000 clients servicing over 2 million gym members across 40 countries making…read more
$20 million Boost for WA Leisure Infrastructure
Beatty Park Leisure Centre is to be a major beneficiary of the Western Australian Government's 2010/11 Community Sporting and Recreation Facilities Fund (CSRFF) grants.
WA Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron this week announced that the Town of Vincent would receive $2.5million from the WA Government to redevelop the centre, originally built for the 1962 British Empire and Commonwealth Games.
This round's successful applicants will share in $20 million funding from the WA Government in recognition of the valuable contribution sport and recreation makes to the lives of everyday Western Australians.
The City of Canning also secured a $2.5 million grant for the construction of a new multi-purpose community facility, and the Shire of Roebourne $1 million to upgrade the Roebourne Aquatic Centre.
Minister Waldron said participation in sport and recreation was vital for building stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities, stating "the benefits you get from participating in sport and recreation extend far beyond the physical ones that most of us recognise.
"Sport and recreation also contributes to better social, educational and mental health outcomes.
"That is why the Government has delivered on its election commitment to more than double the CSRFF fund from $9 million to $20 million per year. We are determined to support the development of basic infrastructure to increase community participation in sport and recreation.
"Our strong economic management is enabling us to deliver these funds to ensure grass roots sport and recreation organisations can grow and provide opportunities for people to be active. These works also provide a boost to local tradespeople, who will build the new and improved infrastructure."
The CSRFF is administered by the WA Department of Sport and Recreation (DSR) and provides funds for community sport and recreation infrastructure such as club rooms, tennis courts and lighting.
Some of the major projects funded in the 2010/11 round include:
• Shire of Denmark - $580,000 for the irrigation of course, renovation and extension of the club house and construction of grass greens at Denmark Country Club
• Shire of Capel - $650,000 for the construction of the Dalyellup Sports Pavilion including change rooms, kiosk, meeting room, umpires' room, storage, toilets and undercover viewing areas
• Shire of Kulin - $700,000 for the redevelopment of Kulin Aquatic Centre, including replacement of existing pool, treatment and plant equipment, and construction of a new leisure pool and shade
• City of Kalgoorlie- Boulder - $215,284 for the replacement of two existing greens with synthetic greens at Kalgoorlie Bowling Club
• Shire of Broome - $235,000 to Ardyaloon Incorporated for the establishment and irrigation of Ardyaloon football oval
• City of Cockburn - $700,000 to Coogee Beach Surf Life Saving Club for the construction of a club room facility at Coogee Beach
• City of Armadale - $800,000 / $1million (if over allocation is approved) to upgrade facilities at Armadale Aquatic Centre
• City of Geraldton-Greenough - $800,000 for the redevelopment of Eadon Clarke Reserve, including reticulation, lighting, fencing, aquifer storage and ablutions
• Shire of Murray - $138,364 for extension to existing clubhouse facility at Pinjarra Football Club, including change rooms, storage, trainers' room and meeting rooms
• City of Mandurah - $158,666 to Mandurah Netball Association for the installation of flood lighting at the Thompson Street netball courts.
For information on the CSRFF grant scheme call 08 9492 9816, www.dsr.wa.gov.au/successful-csrff-grants
25th November 2008 - Review of WA Country Sport
12th September 2008 - WA hosts new Centre for Sport and Recreation research
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
SKC Operations Pty Ltd (SKCorp) is an expert retail and marketing services team specialising in sports, leisure, aquatics, fitness, health, wellness & recreation industry. Using proven…read more
Neptune Benson is a manufacturer of high quality water filtration and disinfection products for the recreational, industrial, and municipal water markets. With more than 20,000 installations…read more
We are the leading providers of kids fun multi-sports programs for Sport and Recreation Centres. Programs cover twelve common sports as well as Gross Motor Skill Development and suit children from as…read more
Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!