At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
WA Leisure Facility Managers Course 2022
|13th Jun 2022 - 17th Jun 2022|
|Perth, Western Australia - various locations|
|Leith Fradd, PLA WA|
|0451 993 526|
WA Leisure Facility Managers Course 2022
Leisure Facility Management - Level 1
- Leisure Facility Supervisors & Coordinators, Program Managers, Aquatic Supervisors, Recreation Managers.
- Regional Pool Managers and those in rural areas wishing to pursue a career in Leisure Management.
- Leisure Facility Managers with no formal or tertiary management qualifications.
- Leisure Facility Operators, Program Co-ordinators, Gym & Health Club Managers, Pool Supervisors wishing to progress on to a management role.
This 5-day short course is aimed at current and emerging leisure facility managers who have no prior tertiary education in leisure and facility management. Specifically designed for leisure facility managers and delivered by experienced leisure managers, this Level 1 course will cover modules of competence providing access to industry guides, resources and case studies including Business Planning, Legislation, Risk Management, Asset Management, Budgeting, Marketing, Leadership & Mentoring.
The course also includes site technical tours, case studies and activities at various leisure centres throughout Perth.
Supporting the skill development of internally promoted Leisure Facility Managers, addressing succession planning, providing valuable access to experienced leisure managers, as well as networking opportunities are integral to the program. Limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
- Awareness of key components of a business plan.
- Use of templates and standard business practices.
- How this may be applied to your normal place of work.
Legislation, Risk and Asset Management
- Facility and asset management principles: What does it involve, who is involved and why is it necessary.
- Basic management principles and how they should be applied.
- An introduction to organisational development tools.
- An awareness of managing risk and how to develop a basic risk management assessment and review process.
- Awareness of key legislative obligations which impact on the management of a facility and maintain the asset.
- Understanding the key components of budgetary planning for a sport and recreation facility/centre.
- Start-up Planning
- Operating Budget
- Stock control
- Income Projections
- How to develop a budget and financial projections by using standard templates and business analysis processes.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Develop an understanding of the important role marketing can play in the success of a leisure centre/facility.
- Develop an appreciation of the common characteristics of good and effective marketing and promotion.
- Establishing the evidence base behind a marketing or promotional campaign.
- How to develop a simple marketing plan through implementing various kinds of marketing and promotional activities.
- Leadership attributes:
- Identify what are the attributes which make a great leader.
- Support delegates to understand their contribution to their peer network in order to develop as a team.
- Develop a greater understanding of delegates own leadership style.
- Understand how you may impact on others and become more self-aware of how to overcome potential conflict.
- Develop an ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Decision Making:
- Understand how personal values and those of an organisation influence decision making.
- Develop an understanding of the process for making values-based decisions.
- Identify common challenges of the decision-making process and how they may be overcome.
- Identify how reflecting on delegates/organisational values allows you to make better decisions and act with integrity.
- Identify and understand key characteristics of an effective mentor:
- To teach
- To Counsel
- To Guide
- To Challenge
- The development of effective people skills and interactive listening.
- Develop an approach to delivering constructive feedback.
Price includes morning/afternoon tea and lunch each day (except on Friday). Learning materials. Courtesy transport for regional delegates (pick up from PLA preferred hotel - please see below). Delegate Welcome Dinner on Day 1.
* Excludes accommodation, breakfast, and evening meals (except Welcome Dinner).
Peppers Kings Square Hotel
621 Wellington Street, Perth, Ph. 08 9483 9600
Delegates receive 10% off the Best Available rate at Peppers King Square.
The discount is able to be booked until the 12th June 2022 and valid for pre and post stays within two days of the event.
To book, please go to www.mantrahotels.com and add the code PARKS22.
For any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Leith Fradd on 0451 993 526
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
iDwala is the Community Sports Facility Specialist offering the highest quality designs and technical expertise to Councils, Schools and Sporting Clubs looking to create sporting…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as Vivaticket Pty Ltd. Vivaticket is the ideal strategic partner for the organisation and management of your…read more
Our team believes floors should be beautiful, comfortable, and engineered for safety, even when wet. Life Floor tiles meet six unique performance based standards: slip-resistance, impact absorption,…read more
Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
SimplySwim is a school management solution that helps swimming school owners and managers optimize operations by automating functions such as managing class schedules, billing and…read more
Jonas Software operates over 110 independently managed software brands around the world, providing them with the strategic guidance and financial security required to be leaders in their respective…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!