Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
VicHealth supports diverse communities through innovation in sport
Health and recreation promotion agency VicHealth is to award sporting bodies a total of over $500,000 through its Innovation Challenge: Sport program.
Aiming to get less active Victorian communities involved in sport, five new 18-month pilot projects will be backed that will take traditional sport in a new direction to get less active Victorian communities involved in sport.
Pilot projects include:
• AFL Victoria - Female Indigenous Program: An initiative for young indigenous women aged 16 to 20 years old about providing more opportunities to play AFL through carnivals, competitions and camps across metropolitan and regional Victoria. The program will also offer training and education for these women to develop their communication and decision making skills, resilience and a strong sense of cultural identity.
• Bushwalking Victoria Club - Escaping Your Comfort Zone: Body positive hiking for plus size women. This program aims to improve the self-esteem of plus-size women through a specialised hiking program, combined with a supportive friendship group.
• Cricket Victoria in partnership with Proud2Play - Proud Cricket: An education program for Victorian Cricket Clubs to foster a more supportive culture for LGBTQI young people and increase their participation in cricket.
• Collingwood Basketball Association - Stay, Play, Lead and Succeed: A mentoring program for young people, predominantly of South Sudanese backgrounds, to keep them engaged in club basketball through a leadership development approach.
• Sport Central in partnership with Golf Victoria - Ballarat District FlexiGolf Pass: A new initiative among Ballarat District Golf Clubs to engage local families and golfers in a more convenient and affordable manner, with shorter game formats and casual memberships.
Announcing the backing, VicHealth Chief Exectuive Jerril Rechter stated “with less than a third of Victorians getting enough physical activity every day, we know sports need to come up with new, creative ideas to get people moving.
“Traditional sport isn’t for everyone, so our Innovation Challenge: Sport looks to kick-start promising ideas that can get Victorians - many whom are sometimes overlooked by mainstream sport offerings - involved in physical activity that appeals to their specific needs.
“It’s about getting people physically active and socially connected with their community - two of the best reasons I can think of to get involved in sport.”
In addition to the five pilot projects, VicHealth is providing second year funding to three previous Challenge winners to further develop their long-term visions and supporting two new funded partners with market research investment to help with future planning.
The next VicHealth Innovation Challenge: Sport funding round opens on 27th February 2017.
For more information about the opportunity for your sport, go to www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/funding/innovation-challenge-sport
Image: Proud2Play at Youlden Parkville Cricket Club.
13th January 2017 - LOW SPORT PARTICIPATION IN MELBOURNE’S GROWTH SUBURBS
31st October 2016 - EXERCISE RIGHT SHOWCASES STRONG WOMEN IN LATEST CELEBRITY EXERCISE CAMPAIGN
24th September 2016 - GENDER BALANCE IN SPORT VITAL TO IMPROVING PUBLIC HEALTH
20th September 2016 - GUIDE AIMS TO MAKE SPORT MORE WELCOMING FOR VICTORIAN WOMEN
4th September 2016 - NEW VICHEALTH FUNDING TO BACK FUN AND FEMALE ACTIVITY
3rd May 2016 - SPORTS COMMISSION URGES TEENAGERS TO ‘STICK WITH’ SPORT
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Since 1989 Elite Pool Covers have designed and manufactured an extensive range of high quality affordable manual,semi-automatic and fully-automatic pool cover systems for the harsh Australian…read more
BOCA invented the thermal ticket printer back in 1986 and almost 30 years on, it is the industry standard for thermal ticket printing. BOCA continue to put extensive resources into…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
We are the leading providers of kids fun multi-sports programs for Sport and Recreation Centres. Programs cover twelve common sports as well as Gross Motor Skill Development and suit children from as…read more
An integrated mobile wallet solution that enables effective customer acquisition and strong engagement through the creation of digital passes and campaigns according to a pass, profile and location,…read more
Also at 3 Squill Place, Arndell Park NSW 2148 ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help…read more
Sports Padding At Rae-Line we manufacture high quality sports padding, gym mats, foam mats and protective padding, suitable for a range of different facilities. Our sports padding is…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!